AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

seekraft
Message 1 of 3 (950 Views)

Not Applicable error message

950 Views, 2 Replies
07-26-2010 09:31 AM

I get a "Not Applicable" error message within 60 seconds of opening AutoCad LT 2005.  Happens EVERY time and it never happened before.  I reinstalled the program.  Still happens.  Program closes and I have to open again, hoping I can excercise at least one command before it occurs again.  Prompt tells me to tell Microsoft about the problem.  Microsoft won't help since ACad isn't a microsoft program.  ACAD won't help since the version is a "retired" program.  Problem doesn't happen on my laptop, only the desktop.  Any one out there with advice?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (928 Views)

Re: Not Applicable error message

07-26-2010 02:55 PM in reply to: seekraft

Windows>Restore is what you do to fix an issue that did not exist the day before (unless this is a brand new install, which you did not indicate).

If a repair reinstall of LT did not fix it, there is either another app or update/orsomething that got installed, or removed, that messed up LT. Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures are:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
seekraft
Message 3 of 3 (922 Views)

Re: Not Applicable error message

07-26-2010 03:44 PM in reply to: seekraft

Thanks Dean,

I didn't do a repai reistall of the program, just a standard reinstall/  I will try that.  Thanks for the link.

Chris

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.