Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewcube shows in modelspace viewports in AutoCAD 2012 LT-Nice Bug

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
steven-g
585 Views, 6 Replies

Viewcube shows in modelspace viewports in AutoCAD 2012 LT-Nice Bug

Pretty sure this will get fixed soon. I work with 2012LT and I have the viewcube!!!!!

With a blank drawing create 3 or more viewports in model space. Now join 2 of the viewports (menu-view-viewports-join). Straightforward so far, then undo. Magic you now have the viewcube in all the non active viewports. And it works but only once in each viewport-then it just as mysteriously vanishes saying the command isn't available, but it does change the view first. I just found this, and next week I get a new computer with 2013LT, I hope it works on that as well.

And it is repeatable because I created a macro to get it back when I want to use it.

@steven-g
john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: Nice Bug

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: steven-g

Hi @steven-g,

I ran across this older post of yours and got curious about the Viewcube in AutoCAD LT.  I tried to duplicate your steps in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2016 and could not duplicate your results so I guess the "Nice Bug" has disappeared for good!

Thanks for your contribution.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
steven-g
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John Thanks for digging this up, I still use it regularly on 2013LT and it is actually better because the viewcube stays active longer, I just ran a test on a collegues machine who has 2016LT and it works just fine. Try this macro, which is again simpler than I had used previously. ^C^C^C-vports;4;-vports;2;h;undo;1;
Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

@steven-g,

Excllent - thanks for the update! I am glad this "bug" is proving useful for you.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 7
steven-g

I think I am old enough and wise enough to know when an answer has been given. I also find it extremely distastefull when people do actually mark their own "answers" as accepted, it just isn't cricket as we say in England, I didn't mark my own comment as an acceptable answer, and it was just that, a comment. I would appreciate it if someone with the authority to do so would remove the approval.

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hello steven-g,

At your request I unmarked your solution. However, it actually had a great trick that other users might find of value and thus it was marked so that they could find it quicker.

Thanks for your contribution.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 7
steven-g
in reply to: john.vellek

John thanks,

it just doesn't feel right seeing my own response marked as a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost