Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Laptop 64 Bit windows 7 Dell Inspiron

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
TVALIANTE
1404 Views, 7 Replies

New Laptop 64 Bit windows 7 Dell Inspiron

I use Lt 2008 now will it transfer to the new system or will I need to upgrade to Lt 2011

The new system is 64 Bit  6 GB ram

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: TVALIANTE

Have you tried?

Is the OS Professional or Ultimate?

To be honest I am not quite sure on the 32 or 64 question. Obvious answer is 32 bit for 32 bit and 64 bit for 64 bit, but I swear I've read you can do 32 bit on 64 but not 64 bit on 32.

Typically LT 2008 needs to be run in XP mode on Win 7 OS and the Pro or Ultimate have this option.

Message 3 of 8
Charles_Shade

BTW - You should have until March to get the LT 2011 Upgrade discount if you decide to do so.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

We have LT2008 installed in Win7Pro 64bit just fine: some OEs and patches will not install though.

If you want LT2011, the discounted pricing for upgrades for you will expire by mid-March. After that you will pay full price for newer versions.

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the follow up but what worked for you in case someone else finds this.

Message 6 of 8
TVALIANTE
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks to all for your input.

I called Dell Business Div.

They switched me over to their new Vostro 3700 series with Windows 7 Professional with i7 Processor and 6GB Ram.

They claim its half the weight, will stay charged longer and was the same price.

I think I'll stay with Lt 2008, it serves my needs and I didn't think it would work with the new systems.

Thanks again.

Tom Valiante

Message 7 of 8
Charles_Shade

Message 8 of 8
TVALIANTE

Thanks,

Try this one

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost