Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New isn't New anymore

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kthr331
441 Views, 8 Replies

New isn't New anymore

LT 2013. Somehow I've managed to screw up the New on the Quick Access Toolbar. In the past when I clicked the New icon, a menu would come up where, among several choices I would select that I wanted to create a New LT drawing and a new page would open. Now when I click the New icon, a menu drops down showing the various drawing templates I have saved in a folder on my server. Now if i wish to start a new drawing I have to click my desktop shortcut and wait for the program to open again in a new window. So far I have been unable to find that default setting so I can change it back. All suggestions any wish to offer about how to change this setting will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: kthr331

Hello

Sorry No modern AutoCAD on my current PC, so it could be the STARTUP System variable ? ... Not Sure ...

Please try with STARTUP = 0

Then : OPTIONS / 1st Tab "Files" / Template Parameters / 3rd option : remove any DWT filename here  !

And now ??

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
kthr331
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks braudpat for considering and responding to my post. I tried typing in STARTUP = 0. It autocompleted to STARTUP Enter new value for STARTUP <0>: When I entered 0 nothing happened. When I simply typed in STARTUP, it autocompleted to STARTUP Enter new value for STARTUP <0>: I was never able to move beyond this position. Thanks, K.

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

So now STARUP = 0

And for this >>>

Then : OPTIONS / 1st Tab "Files" / Template Parameters / 3rd option : remove any DWT filename here  !

<<<

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
kthr331

Thanks braudpat. How do I find   "OPTIONS / 1st Tab "Files" / Template Parameters / 3rd option : ". Thanks, K.

Message 6 of 9
braudpat

Hello

On the ACAD command line with the keyboard : OPTIONS

or

With CLASSIC Interface - Menu : Tools then Options (at the bottom) ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
ScottHodges

Just check the Tools -> Options -> Files ? for your template settings. If I select New from the Quick access toolbar, it automatically goes to the template listed. Whilst New from the File menu gives me the dialog box you are looking for
Message 8 of 9
kthr331

Thanks braudpat. When I go OPTIONS / FILES my next is

TEMPLATE SETTINGS / (folder icon) DRAWING TEMPLATE FILE LOCATION / C:\Users\CLIENT\appdatd\local\autodesk\autocad lt 2013 - english\r18\enu\template

or a 2nd path
(dwt icon) Default Template File Name for QNEW / None

Thanks, K.

Message 9 of 9
kthr331
in reply to: ScottHodges

Thanks ScottHodges for considering and responding to my post. Since I have not been able to find a "TOOLS" to click on, is your TOOLS > OPTIONS > FILES, the same as typing OPTIONS into the command line and going to the FILES tab? Thanks, K.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost