Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network or Stand Alone?????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tmpafford
195 Views, 5 Replies

Network or Stand Alone?????

I own a growing business and in the past we purchased multiple copies to install on each machine. We are now getting bigger and there has to be a better way. I just purchased a copy of AutoCAD LT 2007 and noticed that I can install it as a network installation, but I can find no real information on how this works and what all is involved. I currently have 7 machines running AutoCAD LT 2005 and we are looking at upgrading. Can I install 2007 as network based program and then run it from all seven machines? Does it come with licenses for my machines, or do I need to purchase them?

Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I am new at this so dont assume anything.

Thank you.

Mac
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tmpafford

LT does not offer the same 'niceties' as full AutoCAD with network
installs and more.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 6
tmpafford

Thank you, but your brief reply did not really answer my question.

AutoCAD LT 2007 install disk has an option of either a Stand-Alone Installation or a Multi-Seat Stand-Alone Installation. It was the Multi-Seat installation that I was trying to get more information on. I guess I mistakenly assumed that a Multi-Seat installation was the same as a "network" installation. What is a Multi-Seat Stand-Alone installation? Does this load all the files needed for installation onto a shared drive allowing multiple Stand-Alone installations to be make on work stations? Would each workstation then have to have its own license or do they share the license? How many workstations can we install?
Message 4 of 6
Do Gaudreau

A couple of years ago i researched this as i came accross the same options when i was looking to buy a licence for a new employee. Here is what i was told:
Stand-alone is one CD with one licence

Multi-seat is one CD with either 5, 10 or 25 licence depending on how many you need (check amazon.com for prices)

Network licence is one CD and one licence but installed on a network, and when someone accesses the network Autocad from their workstation, the licence is assigned to that workstation for the time it is being used, and cannot be accessed during that time by anyone else.

Hope that helps.
Message 5 of 6
tmpafford

Thank you. That makes sense.

Is there a way to tell on the packaging how many licenses I have purchased? I was not the one who made this purchase and I am not sure if the guy that bought it would know what he bought.
Message 6 of 6
tmpafford

Never mind. After looking at the packaging I see that it says "Seats 001" on the box top flap. I am assuming that this means it is good for only one installation. Looks like I need to contact Autodesk to purchase more "seats"

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost