Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Fonts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trvlnmny
273 Views, 2 Replies

Need help with Fonts

I am using AC LT 2008.

I am deswigning a clock face that will have Roman Numerals,

I have drawn a circle that has a diameter of 9".

I then place an Mtext box at the 12:00 position and entered XII with top center justification and using the Times New Roman font. I set Tracking to a value of .75 to compress the text side to side.

I then used Array to create a Polar array of the Mtext box giving me 12 Mtext boxes.

Now I entered each of the 11 new mtext boxes and edited the XII to the appropriate value for that mtext box based on its location in the array.

My problem is that those numbers on the left side of the clock face are to congested, I would like to reduce tha amount of apace that each number takes side to side while not altering the height of the numbers.

I have an existing clock with roman numerals and I notice that the angle of intersection on the Vs and Xs is more acute than what Times New Roman gives me.

I am not locked into Times New Roman and wonder if someone can suggest another font that will satisfy my need.

Thanks for any and all help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: trvlnmny

Can you post screenshots of the "problem" and desired "solution" so we can see?
Message 3 of 3

Try adjusting the Width Factor?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost