Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Necessary shortcut commands for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AcadAdamLT
577 Views, 6 Replies

Necessary shortcut commands for you.

Hi,

Was just wondering what you kind of shortcut commands you guys use that you think is absolutely necessary for you to work. Would be intresting to get a peek at how other people work, macros, keybinds etc..

I'll start, I work with Electrical planning, more specific Electrical "Security" planning, this is my 100% necessary binds:

I use Mousebutton 5 for "^C^C_Line" command.

CTRL+E = Copy

CTRL+C = Copyclip

CTRL+R = Match Properties

CTRL+G = Trim

CTRL+F = Fillet

M1 (Macrobutton 1 Keyboard) = Layer

M2 = Properties

M3 = Macro for changing all objects on drawing to color set "ByLayer".

These are my most used binds that I use frequently and without them I would be working half-speed.

What are yours?

Regards

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I use CTL-Shift-C for copybase more than simply CTL-C inside AutoCAD, and of course Ctl-V for paste. Aside from that, it's all of the one or two key command shortcuts, such as F for fillet...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 7
pendean

OOTB keyboard combos here, stock as well as custom single or double letter shortcuts for commands: I avoid using a mouse with custom buttons or specialty keyboards since I am a multi-software user (not just CAD, there is Sketchup, Photoshop, MSOffice and so on) and use multiple devices (laptops for presentations, touch-screen for site work, desktop at the office etc.) and the last thing I need is to be crippled because "I don't have something" or have a button do something in one app and another or nothing somewhere else (how many of you hit Z to zoom in a Word/PDF document, fess up).

If all you do is one application all day long, and constant repetitive key/core commands, all on one PC, your approach is on par with what it takes to be efficient.

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

About the only time I touch the keyboard is to enter an Osnap or vector.

(Oh and to type this note.)

Message 5 of 7
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

Seems the ol'schoolers prefer to use the Acad standard setup Smiley Tongue. I've worked with Autocad for about 2-3years and for me it's all about shortcuts and macros. Any other "Newschool" here or I'm I alone? Smiley Sad

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade

Both.

Whet my feet with R10 in '89

Started LT in '94

This is my current "top" Ribbon Tab:

Ribbon.jpg

Lots of modification and embedded Macros. Don't stay in one place if you don't want to.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Your assumptions are way off my friend, perhaps your original post was not what you really meant to ask...

http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/2012/02/customizing-lt-start-with-ribbon.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost