Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nautical Soundings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
301 Views, 3 Replies

Nautical Soundings

I've found a few threads similar to this but nothing quite right, hopefully someone will be able to help. I'm currently trying to create some charts in AutoCAD LT 2015 from a bathymetric survey which my company carried out. I have processed all the data and exported a .dxf of the soundings using Hypack survey software. In the survey software the soundings I have created have a decimal point in (as per the clients request) but when I open this .dxf in AutoCAD LT 2015 these points have dissapeared.

Any ideas how I might be able to rectify this?

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT is not a surveying cad system: download a trial version on AutoCAD Civil or MAP and see if either can handle your DXF file the way you need.
Message 3 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you post a dxf (or dwg), it might be as simple as the precision setting - use the units command and check what the precision is, if that is ok then being able to see the drawing may give more clues.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for your help guys, but I worked out how to export a different file from the survey software which seems to be working.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost