Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My layers window appears black

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1281 Views, 3 Replies

My layers window appears black

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help with an Autocad issue.

Problem: My layers window does not appears with my layers' list (picture in the attatchment).

Solutions tried: purge it (the dwg file); save it as a dxf file, purge it and reopen it as dwg; close it and reopen it; close and reopen the layers window; refresh the layers window; close the program and relaunch it; shut down my PC and turn it on again.

None of the options above worked, so I hope someone can lend me a hand here. I'll put the whole description of the emerging of the problem below.

Good day!

Full description:

So I was working as usual in some files. I don't recall modifying any settings of it, so I don't assume that the problem would reside there. Anyways, my file started to get really slow when editing blocks in place, so I purged it once and over, even inside of the editing block, and it didn't appear to make any difference. I saved it as a dxf and purged it, and smae thing (up to this point, my layers window was still fine). In some moment, when I slided my cursor to expand this window, it was all black, and not even aided by the search tool could I find my existent layers. This same file opens just fine in another computer, but I need to make it work on mine, for obvious reasons. Also, I'm not allowed to see this window on any other file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It fixed itself, but if it happens again, I would still appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your graphics card is being choked by LT: help it out by at least turing off Win7's Aero Theme (which you have on), then change hardware acceleration in LT if it happens again.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you very much, I already researched on it and I'll try it if the problem persists.

Good day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost