Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My block attributes aren't recognised by ATTEXT

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
njagnz
887 Views, 2 Replies

My block attributes aren't recognised by ATTEXT

I've been bashing my head against this one for some time now.  I'm using ATTEXT to extract attributes to draw up a schedule of the blocks and their attributes from my drawing.

Some of the attributes are appearing in the output text file without problem, others are just returning blanks, ie. ' ', as if the attribute doesn't exist.  I selected and copied the Tag from the Properties to ensure that there are no typos etc.

If I do an extract with only one of the (3) attributes, ATTEXT finds no entries to return.  If I do an extract with only one of the (6) attributes that does return a value, then I get 662 entries from my 662 blocks.  I get the same 662 entries if I have all 9 attributes in my template file.

The attributes that don't return anything definitely do have values in them.  They are mixed text and numbers so I have used this line to return one of them:

Cable C020000

I'm using that to get values such as:

Cat 6

AV44

Can anyone see why these values might not be returned?  Many thanks for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
njagnz
in reply to: njagnz

I've found a solution.  A colleague had AutoCAD 2007 (I was working in 2015): I saved my file in 2007 format, opened it with 2007, ran EATTEXT, and all the values came out perfectly.  Just like that.  EATTEXT is also much more powerful and simple for what I'm doing - it's weird that it isn't available any more.  And, of course, it did what I wanted in under 5 minutes - after failing to make it work for hours in 2015.  

Oh well,  problem solved.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: njagnz

LT doesn't have EATTEXT:, never has either that's only in the more expensive full AutoCAD.
LT has the older and limited ATTEXT command: always has, still does. Usage explained in HELP.

$4000 vs $1000 is more than just "3D" that's missing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost