Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple STRETCH with hot grip

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
AlanatACEC
1548 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple STRETCH with hot grip

Recent change from AutoCAD 2000 to LT 2014.

In 2000:  Select a bunch of objects. Click an endpoint grip of line A (STRETCH becomes active), enter C to copy, and drag the grip around to make copies of line A.  Press ENTER to end.  Click an end grip of line B, enter C, and drag the grip around to copy line B.

In LT 2014:  Select a bunch of objects.  Click an end grip of line A, enter C (or hold CTRL), and drag the grip around to copy line A.  Press ENTER to end.  Click an end grip of line B--the originally-selected grip of line A stays hot!  Drag the endpoint of line B, and line A moves instead.  Enter C, and line A is copied, not line B.

Once I do a multiple STRETCH, I can't find any way to release the hot grip except to completely cancel the selection and select objects again.  Even if I do a STRETCH, then a MOVE or ROTATE, the originally selected grip is still hot if I do another stretch.

Is there any way to release the hot grip without having to cancel and reselect everything?  Or is there a setting to control this behavior?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: AlanatACEC

Holding SHIFT down and clicking on active grips you don't want will deselect them.
Message 3 of 3
AlanatACEC
in reply to: pendean

That works--thanks!

This is going to be a nuisance until I've done a lot of stretching.  It just seems completely counter-intuitive for AutoCAD to think that clicking grip X means I really want to use grip Y from two or three commands back.  Why would I click a grip I don't want to use?

Very weird change in behavior.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost