Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Fonts in the Same Drawing?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
FLHX
2972 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Fonts in the Same Drawing?

There must be a simple way to do this.  I'm working on a drawing that's all dimensioned with Arial as the standard font. 

I need to make ONE line in the title box a different font;  I'm using a font called CHILLER.  When I go to DIMSTYLE and change from Arial to Chiller, the whole drawing changes to CHILLER.

I just want the one line to change, so I have two fonts in the same drawing.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: FLHX

Don't change the DIMSTYLE. That is Global to the Drawing.

If you want to change the color of one entity you don't change the color of the Layer it is on.

If single line, highlite the line and change it using the Properties dialog.

Multiline text may need to be broken up to acheive this.

Message 3 of 6
FLHX
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks.

I don't see an option to change the Font anywhere in the Properties dialogue.

When you say "highlight it", do you mean to 'select' it?

Message 4 of 6
sthompson1021

Hi, to change the font for that dim, you need to have a text style in the dwg that uses chiller as the font. Then you can change it in properties. In the attached pic I have style 1 set to chiiler.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

Select - Yes

Change it to a different Textstyle - You just can't make it a particular Font like you would in MS Word.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You need to have more than one single text STYLE defined for text in each of your files: manually overridung a font in each dimension you enter is not a good way to draft. And don't use STANDARD for a name, be creative to give youtrself a clue about the font it is using. So for example, one text style is called ARIAL and the other is called CHILLER. Be creative, make them totally useful.

And yes, you might as well have more than one DIMSTYLE too, one for each text style if you need that ability. Be creative with their names too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost