Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTILINE TEXT window rotated 90 degrees

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
rob.white
33887 Views, 30 Replies

MULTILINE TEXT window rotated 90 degrees

When creating (or editing) Multiline text in a file created in architectural desktop 3.3, the text window is rotated 90 degrees.  Is there a variable I can change that will keep the text window horizontal (or at least aligned with the text)?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rob.white

MTEXTFIXED set it to 2

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 31
rob.white
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks, but it was set to 2, I tried 0 and 1 as well with no change.

Message 4 of 31
pendean

MTEXTFIXED is the variable to not rotate the text in the editor when editing, it will leave it at the angle it was drawn.

If you look it up in HELP, it has two restrictions and they have to do with MTEXTED: you seem to have applied the second option noted to it.

Message 5 of 31
rob.white
in reply to: pendean

So there are actually two things going on with mtext; the first is when I double click on text, the editing window comes up rotated 90 degrees (or oriented vertically), and then when I modify the text and exit the text editor the text itself is then rotated 270 degrees.  I then single click the text, and change the rotation angle back to 0...  Kind of a pain.

I changed the MTEXTED to the "oldeditor" and that fixed the editing window from rotating 90 degrees, but then when I exit the text editor it still rotates the text 270 degrees forcing me to single click back in the editor and change the angle from 270 to 0.

Message 6 of 31
pendean

Do you have a rotated UCS or PLAN setting in the file?

Can you repeat the issue in any other file, or a new file?

Message 7 of 31
rob.white

I just figured it out...  It has to do with the font type I selected in the text STYLE.  I had the true type font "Arial Unicode MS" selected, when I changed it to just "Arial", it works fine...
Here is a wikepedia link to what Arial Unicode MS is:
Seems like a glitch in autocad that it would rotate the text like that???
Thanks for your responses!
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 31
alistair

Well spotted Rob_ change to Aerial! The idiosyncracies of AutoCAD.  

Message 9 of 31
abdullah87

it works

Message 10 of 31
yosemite8it

Will this font issue be fixed in an upcoming update? I have found the same issue with RomansS font.
Message 11 of 31
pendean
in reply to: yosemite8it

There is nothing to fix: avoid fonts with "Unicode MS" in the name, they are not supported and Autodesk hasn't seen a need to make them compatible in 20-years.
Message 12 of 31
Seychellian

I am getting this issue with Simplex and Simplex 8. It happens in some files but not in others. I can't put my finger on why it's doing it and how to correct it.

I am drawing at a non-world UCS in a view that has been rotated and when I use Simplex or Simplex8 the font is following the world UCS when I type only.

Other fonts don't do it so it's definitely an issue with the font.

Bizarre! 

Message 13 of 31
hwalker
in reply to: Seychellian

Can't add anything to this conversation, but I just have to say that your avatar is brilliant.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 14 of 31
pendean

Post your DWG file, let's all have a look.
Message 15 of 31
Seychellian

Find attached 2 files where I have a changed the default font type (01. PSA - NORMAL) from Simplex to Swiss721.

In Simplex when you type the text it types at an angle (following the World UCS) in Swiss721 it types in a straight line (although if the text is highlighted it seems to do so at the same angle not matching the angle of  the text).

Both texts display at the correct angle once the text text dialogue box is exited. 

Im baffled as to why. 

Message 16 of 31
pendean

In both of your files, your text never rotates when editing your text or adding new text or mtext here.

But if I type UCS, then WORLD, the UCS icon in your two files rotates 45 degrees. And when I set PLAN to WORLD, all of you text rotates to -45 degrees in both files. so I guess your PLAN variable was not set to CURRENT UCS?
Message 17 of 31
Seychellian

Thanks for the assistance Pendean,

It seems to me that I have my PLAN variable set to current.

See attached video illustrating me changing this variable and testing it.

Message 18 of 31
pendean

Thanks for the video: You're on the MAC version, in Windows that issue does not happen here inside both of your sample files..

MAC forum is over here for your future posts https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/bd-p/520
Message 19 of 31
Seychellian

Hi yes, I'm on AutoCAD for Mac but seeing as this was a rather isolated issue that was being discussed here I thought it I would seek feedback on this forum and that it would apply to Mac. The issue described in the OP is essentially the same one I am having.

Message 20 of 31
pendean

Perhaps like the OP, on the MAC, that one font choice you have is a no-go and worth avoiding?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost