Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multileader text

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Janeyb13
3572 Views, 6 Replies

multileader text

I have used AutoCAD LT for the past eight years and have recently been upgraded from 2006 to 2012.  I have always used multileaders in my drawings but with the new version I don't seem to be able to move the text without moving the leader and pointer.  Before I used to be able to move it and the leader line would adjust itself to the new position.  Is there something I am missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Janeyb13

Multileaders were introduced to LT in LT 2008.

What exactly were you using before with LT 2006?

And can you post a drawing that exihibits this behaviour?

Message 3 of 7
Janeyb13
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi Charles,

Thinking about it I think I have been using quick leader.  I just assumed multileader was the same thing.  the problem with being upgraded from 2006 directly to 2012 means that a lot of the program is very new to us.  Is there still such thing as a quick leader and, if so, could you point me in the right directly.

Many thanks,

Jane

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

QLEADER

When you type this and hit enter push the down arrow on your keyboard.

This will let you get into he Qleader Settings.

Revise this to your needs. Likely it just is not what you are used to.

I would strongly encourage you to move away from Qleaders and use MLEADERS.

Much more flexibility with Mleaders. Made the switch and never looked back.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 5 of 7
Kate_LT

Multileaders have a lot of advantages over qleaders -- I'd recommend giving them a try before reverting to the old way.

Grips are the most effective way to move the text of a multileader without affecting the arrow attachment. It's not any slower than the Move command; just a different order (pick object, then stretch).

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 6 of 7
pendean

HELP in 2012 lists QLEADER:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/ACDLT/2012/ENU/pages/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce2...

You can look up MLEADER there too:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/ACDLT/2012/ENU/pages/WS73099cc142f4875583bed0...

Knowing where to look takes the mystery out of upgrades: take that tour from the Exchange pop-up when you first start HELP or LT2012 before you closed out that pop-up when it first came up 🙂

Message 7 of 7
RSABacad

highlight the multiline leader and text, grab the text grip and move to new position, leader and arrow adjust.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost