Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-sheet file (pdf generation)

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Crass
5296 Views, 20 Replies

Multi-sheet file (pdf generation)

I am having an issue where on one of our workstations the multi-sheet file "type" option is somehow being overidden when we try to publish to pdf. In Publish/Batch Plot under "General DWF/PDF options" it says Multi-sheet file but then when we hit publish it makes individual pdf files in the location folder. This requires an extra step to combine all these files in Acrobat. Does anyone have an idea what is negating this setting? I do not know how to troubleshoot it because it seems so straight forward.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
pendean
in reply to: Crass

PUBLISHCOLLATE variable perhaps?

Message 3 of 21
Crass
in reply to: pendean

It says unknown command when I type PUBLISHCOLLATE.

Incidentally, or perhaps not, PUBLISHALLSHEETS <1>

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 4 of 21
pendean

Sorry, that's in full AutoCAD and not LT.

Are you publishing to the DWG to PDF.PC3 file, or something else? The default PDF option on the PUBLISH pop-up.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

I am having this exact same issue. I have tried both Adobe PDF and Adobe PDF.pc3 under Plot command Printer/plotter>Name:

Not sure what is going on with this. I just switched from AutoCad LT 2009 to AutoCad LT 2011 and this problem popped up. Never had any problems with batch plot/publish in AutoCad LT 2009.

Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 21
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried the DWG to PDF.pc3 option too?

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes, already tried that.

Message 8 of 21
pendean

Did you check to see if PUBLISH is set to create a single PDF? Post a screenshot of that pop-up if you think the answer is yes.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

Yes, I believe it is set to single file...Publish Options>Multi-Sheet File. See attached screen shot.

Message 10 of 21
Charles_Shade

Set the Publish to: PDF and that should work.

Screenshots of the Publish dialog and PDF output file.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

Well, that worked for me...thanks! I just need to remember to do this extra step from now on.

It still doesn't explain why it didn't work the other way. I had already defined it as printing to PDF in the Page Setup that I used and said "Publish to: Plotter named in page setup". That is how I used to do it in AutoCad LT 2009.

Message 12 of 21
Charles_Shade

Publish is much better and easier with 2012 product line IMHO.

I've deleted all my "special" layout tabs save for the in-house plotter and change Publish to:  to PDF from the Publish Command when I need to send to others for plotting. I still have kept the layouts set up for DWG to PDF but in the next couple months will likely delete those too.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

Hello there.  I have the same issue with the same version of autocad.  However, I do not have the option in the "Publish to:" pull down to select PDF; only DWF and DWFx.  Any suggestions?  How do I get the PDF in that pulldown menu?

Message 14 of 21
pendean

LT2009? LT2011? You cannot add it, if it's missing then your installation is somehow corrupt or broken. It's is always there, cannot be added ot deleted.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

I'm using Autocad 2009 LT on a Windows 7 Pro computer.  The PDF option is just not there.  I've already reinstalled autocad 2 times.  Should I try reinstalling Adobe pro?

Message 16 of 21
pendean

Not sure why a 3rd party PDF driver would have anything to do with LT's PUBLISH command: see screenshot, this is how I think LT2009 should look like, if not, either LT2009 does not have it (and you cannot add it) or you need to set your chosen PDF driver in the pagesetup of each layout (or as a control at the top) and use the option of "plotter named in pagesetup".

It's best to wait for an LT2009 user (I moved on some time back) to dig this far down in another thread and answer your question.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Se the attached screen shot.  That is all I see, no PDF option.

Message 18 of 21
Charles_Shade

That is correct. LT 2009 does not have the option to Publish to PDF as current Versions do.

Publish to PDF was a new feature in LT 2009 and not the same as it is in LT 2010 - LT 2013

From your Screenshot you will want to Publish to Plotter named in page setup not the DWF option since you are showing PDF Plotter in the page setup for the files listed to be published.

If you read in the bottom right of the Dialog you posted you will see that yor current choice is an override to the Pagesetup that you have.

Stop looking for PDF Publish in this dialog; it is already in your Pagesetup.

Now what does it show under Publish Options...

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Ok, thanks for the info.  Also, attached are two new screen shots.  With the current configuration on the screen shots, I can print to pdf except it prints each one individually and prompts me to save each one individually.  How do I make it publish to one pdf?  Thanks.

Message 20 of 21
Charles_Shade

That is the limitation of LT 2009 and difference to AutoCAD LT 2010 and newer.

The comparison matrix for Version 2009-2012 shows Publish to PDF as a new feature whereas in 2010 it is an enhanced feature. Enhanced I believe means that the Publish to PDF Multi-Sheet is availalble in the Publish Options dialog.

Only a third party pdf driver (I used pdf995 for years) will get you what you want with the LT 2009 Software but it will not change the options that you currently have in the Publish Options dialog.

pdf995 and other third party drivers work in the Windows Print environment, not inside AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost