Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a new computer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ggunn
272 Views, 3 Replies

Moving to a new computer

I got a new computer for work, and I have moved my AutoCAD license to it. I went into the AppData folder on the old computer and copied the Autodesk folders from the Local and Roaming folders into the corresponding locations on the new computer, so I have all my templates.

But plotting is still a problem for me. I had been on the old computer for a couple of years and had gotten things the way I want them with some help from another engineer who is no longer with the company, and most of the adjustments were made so long ago that I don't remember how they were made. I had hoped that bringing over the folders in AppData would configure things the way they were on the old computer, but that is not the case.

I still have the old computer for a while at least. Is there something else I can bring over from it that will get me back to where I was?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ggunn

Long post but it does not actually describe the problem other than hinting it's a plotting issue: please elaborate, no one here knows what you are talking about 🙂

Message 3 of 4
ggunn
in reply to: pendean

Oh, sorry. It's a lot of stuff. When, for example, I plot to pdf, my drawing is in portrait rather than landscape, and rather than color, it's B&W. When I rotate the "paper", it rotates the drawing as well, so it's still in portrait.

My files are all on a server, so when I boot the old computer and plot the same file, everything is OK. My question is how do I get the new computer to act like the old one?

Message 4 of 4
ggunn
in reply to: ggunn

Please disregard. The problem is with the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost