Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Button Assignments...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Tilt441
2337 Views, 10 Replies

Mouse Button Assignments...

Currently using AutoCad Lt 2004. I use my middle 'scroll wheel' button as the 'real-time pan' when pushed down, and the 'scroll wheel' itself for zooming in and out. With all these new mice coming on the market, nearly 100% of them have the "tilt" or "4 way" scroll wheel. This is severly disrupting my drawing flow as when I'm zooming and panning around, I often don't get the middle button pushed perfectly directly down. At least 50% of the time it 'tilts' off to the right......thus my 'real-time pan' doesn't occur.

I like the new wireless "blue-track" technology mice, yet every one of them has the "tilt" or "4 way" scroll.

So I have 2 questions...

Does anyone know of a wireless mouse - with blue-track - that DOESN'T have the "tilt" or "4 way" scroll?
or
Does anyone know how I can assign (within AutoCad) the functionality of the "tilt" or "4 way" so that it also does 'real-time pan' - thus not interupting my work flow?

Thank you,
Lyle
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Tilt441

There is no control in AutoCAD for tilting mouse buttons: you use the mouse
driver to assign it a keyboard function, then in AutoCAD to assign that
keyboard function to do 'something'.

But that means in ALL of your apps that button assignment is stuck at
whatever setting you want to use in AutoCAD.

LT2004 does you no favors in easy assignments for keyboard buttons: post
back when you are ready to tackle that and someone around here can help I am
sure.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 11
Tilt441

I understand what you're saying. I guess the only issue though, is that the microsoft mouse driver software does not allow for 3 assignments for the scroll wheel as 3 separate clicks (tilt left - middle click - tilt right) - but rather you can assign only one item to the scroll wheel 'button'. To allow AutoCad's 'real-time pan' to work, the middle button has to be assigned as "middle-click".

There has to be more people than just me that use the middle scroll button as the 'real-time pan' in AutoCad. How are they coping with the 'tilt' scroll wheel? Are you just putting up with half the time you click it, you need to re-click it in a more forceful straight-down manner (which really throws me off my speed in zooming and panning)? Or does the newer versions of AutoCad have some completely different thing that I'm just not aware of - and thus I'm just a dinosaur?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I dislike tilting roller buttons and do not use them: good quality
non-tilting devices are around, just look beyond your local retail
mega-mart. No one mouse is good for everyone.

I get 100% middle-button function 100% of the time.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 5 of 11
Tilt441

I appreciate your responses. I guess I have some leg work to find a mouse with no 'tilt'.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I turn off the left-right tilting/panning in my Logitech driver and set
the scroll wheel for "middle Button".
--
======================================================
George Drayton CD-CAD Ltd Christchurch New Zealand.
Message 7 of 11
Tilt441

I have a Microsoft Wireless 5000 here, and attempted that very thing. I shut off the side-to-side tilt, and set the middle button to 'middle-click' in the mouse dialogue box. But back in LT2004 it made no difference. If the left or right action was hit instead of straight down, it just did nothing. Straight down does the 'realtime pan' still, but once again accidentially hitting left or right was no joy.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I think the OP is having a mechanical issue, not a driver one.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I have had the same issue. I recommend using a Logitech mouse and using
the software to setup the vertical press and left/right tilts as all
being middle button, but Logitech allows you to set it for all or just
for autocad. It's a good solution for me.

On 2/19/2010 1:42 PM, tilt441 wrote:
> Currently using AutoCad Lt 2004. I use my middle 'scroll wheel' button as the 'real-time pan' when pushed down, and the 'scroll wheel' itself for zooming in and out. With all these new mice coming on the market, nearly 100% of them have the "tilt" or "4 way" scroll wheel. This is severly disrupting my drawing flow as when I'm zooming and panning around, I often don't get the middle button pushed perfectly directly down. At least 50% of the time it 'tilts' off to the right......thus my 'real-time pan' doesn't occur.
>
> I like the new wireless "blue-track" technology mice, yet every one of them has the "tilt" or "4 way" scroll.
>
> So I have 2 questions...
>
> Does anyone know of a wireless mouse - with blue-track - that DOESN'T have the "tilt" or "4 way" scroll?
> or
> Does anyone know how I can assign (within AutoCad) the functionality of the "tilt" or "4 way" so that it also does 'real-time pan' - thus not interupting my work flow?
>
> Thank you,
> Lyle
Message 10 of 11
Tilt441

OOooooo. So you're saying that you can set the 3 different middle clicks (left-middle-right) to "middle-button" with logitech software? If that's the case, that's my savior!! It's funny that you can do that with logitech software, yet not with the microsoft software. Certainly going to check this out - thanks for the tip!!!!
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Microsoft stopped innovating a long time ago: they just copy then destroy
the inventor of what they copied as fast as they can.

--
Dean Saadallah
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost