Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Layers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
randalnh
3350 Views, 7 Replies

Missing Layers

Drawing created in AutoCAD LT 2005 - in AutoCAD LT 2013, several layers are not present.  Tuned off all filtering, etc.  Noted that some blocks will not appear in layouts even though the layer they are on is not frozen in the layout. 

Not clear why layers in LT 2005 will not show in LT 2013  I attached offending file.

I am self-taught and LT 2013 is a little daunting for me - any help is appreaciated.

Forgot to mention that layer AX-COL-SYMB-2 does not show up in LT 2013.  Also, block for column line symbols (circle/column numbers) will not show in layouts in LT 2013, but will in LT 2005.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: randalnh

The blocks are annotative, which means they are only shown in correct scale that is set in properties.

Google "Autocad annotative" for more info on annotative.

"Show anno.png" show's the shortcut button for command "ANNOALLVISIBLE", Set to 1 to show annotative objects independent of viewport scale.

Also, what do you mean layer "AX-COL-SYMB-2" does not show, I have no problem finding it in Layer properties manager, please elaborate.

Also, AUDIT your drawing, over 200 eduplicatekeys found.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 8
randalnh

Adam:  thanks.  I was able to get the block to be visible thanks to your help. 

I was incorrect on the layer - in LT 2005, Layer Manager shows 67 layers, in LT 2013 it ony shows 64 (layer view set to "All").  I am missing 2 layers that have a "@ 384" ending and one named AX-COL-SYMB (not AX-COL-SYMB-2) that originally had a "@ 384" ending which I manually changed.  I am guessing that the "@ 384" desigation has some meaning?

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Layers don't go missing on their own: something else you may have in LT2005 that is not moving with the file in LT2013. In LT2011 and LT2012, as well as LT2013 and LT2014, I only see 64 layers too.
I don;t see any @384 layers.
Also, as noted, your file has over 200 errors and 118 reg apps that need to be addressed.

Message 5 of 8
randalnh

Dean:  I agree that layers should not appear and disappear.  I attached two screen shots from LT 2005 showing the three layers in question (note that layer manager shows 63 layers in this file and LT 2013 shows 60 - due to deleting some unneeded layers). 

Also, I ran Audit and it found no errors.  I also ran "recover" on file and it found no problems.  How/where do you see the # of errors and what are the "reg apps" you refered to?

Message 6 of 8

The extra layers in 2005 are probably due to the presence of annotative objects. Since LT 2005 doesn't support them, it creates extra layers -- one for each scale -- to display the annotatve objects at their intended scale. Is one of the views in your original drawing perhaps at 1/32" = 1'-0"?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 7 of 8
randalnh

Yes - at least one of the annotative objects is 1/32" = 1'-0".

Message 8 of 8
pendean

It would appear you need to stop using features not found in LT2005: based on Kate's reply, you don't have a problem, you just have an old LT version trying to cope with newer features it cannot handle.
This whole thread has been solved.

Why are you still using LT2005 if I may ask? make the jump, you seem versed enough with 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost