Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing layers in Paper space

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
douglasfis
1377 Views, 6 Replies

missing layers in Paper space

Hi, I'm new to lite 2009 and I'm sure this is pretty simple. I have a new architectural drawing whcih I originally attached as an XREF but then bound to my drawing. I inserted my border in Paperspace and when I view or print it from there my room numbers are not there. I have not frozen them in the viewport or used any overrides. What am I doing wrong? Just a nother hint. I isolated the layer and when i tried to manipulate one of the blocks it said that the attributes were on a locked layer. I then grabbed all of the room numbers on that layer (there are two separate layers with room numbers and both are acting the same way) and moved them to a new layer I created and still have no luck.

How do I get all the layers I want to display in paper space? Edited by: douglasfis on Oct 26, 2008 7:53 PM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: douglasfis

Here are a couple of things to check
1. Make sure the colour that your room numbers are on is NOT 255 if it is they won't print as that is the pen for WHITE
2. Make sure that your room numbers aren't on the DEFPOINTS layer as that layer doesn't print.
3. When you call up the layer manager there is a column called PLOT. Make sure the layer your room numbers are on does NOT HAVE a red line through the printer. This also tells AutoCAD not to plot the layer.
4. To unlock a layer call up the layer manager. Look for the padlock symbol. If it's open the layer is unlocked and you can manipulate any item on that layer. If it's shut the layer is locked and you cannot manipulate anything on that layer.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Agree with previous person, also check the view res. Type viewres in command prompt and increase to 9000.

Regards ........ Tariq
http://www.cadservices.co.uk/
Message 4 of 7
Kamasop

Have you found the solution yet?

it might also be, if you use annotative text and your text is not set to the same annotationscale as the viewport is set to...

drove  me crazy until a coworker showed me...

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Kamasop

Is Annotative Scaling available in LT 2009?

(Though this is a 4 year old post.)

Message 6 of 7
Kamasop
in reply to: Charles_Shade

very true, i have no clue.

Message 7 of 7

Yes, came in with 2008.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost