Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing control tabs acad lt 2012

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Jimfanuc
394 Views, 18 Replies

missing control tabs acad lt 2012

The minimize maximize and "X" control tab is missing from the drawing window when multiple drawings are opened.  I have to tile to get them back to close the window.

Autodesk has not addressed this issue.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Jimfanuc

Missing from where exactly? The program window, or the file window?
And do you by chance have MENUBAR turned on or off?

Windows OS is?
Video card is?
Message 3 of 19
rkmcswain

When the menubar is off and the drawing (child) windows are maximized, the controls you are talking about appear IN the drawing editor itself.

When the menubar is on, then they appear right justified in the same space as the pull down menus.

When the drawing (child) windows are not maximized, regardless of the status of the menubar, they appear in the title bar of the child window.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 19
Jimfanuc
in reply to: pendean

If you open HELP and look for ACCESS THE CLASSIC MENU BAR, you will see what I am looking at.

Except, the control tab for the program, top most right, in there.  The drawing tab, just beneath, is not there.  I tile the drawing, even if only one open, to get this tab to show up.  

Windows  7.

Video card: Intel HD graphics 4600

thanks

jimmy

Message 5 of 19
pendean

Sorry, I can;t visualize your explanation. Can you post a screenshot with the problem?

Is LT2012 fully patched/updated? I can only do what you see in the HELP file image you directed us to look at. I suspect we're not looking at the same issue.
Message 6 of 19
Jimfanuc

Capture.PNG

The upper control tab is the acad program.  The blank grey is where the control tab is supposed to be.

Capture2.PNG

This is what it is supposed to look like.

Message 7 of 19
rkmcswain

Only if the menubar is on though.  Otherwise, it should appear in the drawing window, like this:

nomenubar.png

I have seen on occasion, where these controls did not show up like they were supposed to.  Like maybe after you close a docked palette or something, and IIRC minimizing and maximizing the window made it come back. I would prefer if they used standard controls and quit embedding stuff like this in the drawing window.

Message 8 of 19
Jimfanuc
in reply to: rkmcswain

Got more info.

1) Changed video card to new GE Force.  Did not change.

2) When I split screen then maximize, the control tabs disappear, BUT

3) If I pan the drawing away from the right side, the control tab comes into view.

What the crap is this?

jimmy

Message 9 of 19
rkmcswain

What the crap is this?

Sounds a lot like what is written in the paragraph under the image in post 7.

Message 10 of 19
Jimfanuc

Yes

But how do I fix it?

Message 11 of 19
pendean

You can't fix it: it either happens to you or it doesn't, we end users (just like you) haven't figured out a cure for it when it does happen 😞
Message 12 of 19
Jimfanuc

So basically Acad has dumped their tech support for bugs onto users?

No wonder everyone I know is using Solidworks.

Message 13 of 19
pendean

If you need to switch software, go for it: we end users have a lot of choices thank goodness.
Message 14 of 19
rkmcswain

Have you submitted a support request?  If not, they may not even be aware of the issue.

Message 15 of 19
Jimfanuc

Really?

That is the solution?  Screw it?

I am so tired of trolls on these forums.

Message 16 of 19
Jimfanuc

This is, as I understand it, a subscription service.

I will not pay for support for a program bug.  This is Autodesk's problem.

They keep refering me to these forums for support.  People, not the trolls, are really trying to help, but these are software problems.  None of these existed with my old version on the same PC.  Just after I upgraded.

Most of my problems I have worked around, but so far not one problem has been solved through these forums.  But I do appreciate the effort.

Message 17 of 19
rkmcswain

This is, as I understand it, a subscription service.

I will not pay for support for a program bug.  This is Autodesk's problem.

They keep refering me to these forums for support.  People, not the trolls, are really trying to help, but these are software problems.  None of these existed with my old version on the same PC.  Just after I upgraded.

Most of my problems I have worked around, but so far not one problem has been solved through these forums.  But I do appreciate the effort.

Correct. I made the presumption that you were on subscription. If you are not then you support choices are limited to the peer-to-peer support here in the forums, or maybe via a support contract with an Autodesk VAR (reseller). You can also send feedback directly to the AutoCAD LT team using this form. Unfortunately, this is a one way conversation and you will most likely not receive a reply.

My personal thoughts on this particular issue are..... I've seen similar behavior and it just doesn't bother me that much. I can work around it without much effort. I have a laundry list of other things that rate much higher than this that I would like to see fixed.

Best of luck to you.

Message 18 of 19
Jimfanuc

After further investigation, it seems that it is a known problem through at least 2013.

According to an autodesk tech, this is a known bug with no ETA for a fix.

Message 19 of 19
rkmcswain

FWIW - I've experienced it in 2015 too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost