Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cdavis7254
327 Views, 4 Replies

Migration

I just upgraded from LT 2012 to LT 2014.  I thought I followed the instructions for migrating my settings and menus, but either I missed something or I did it wrong because none of it migrated.  Is there a wat to "re-migrate"?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cdavis7254

What is it you want to 'migrate' exactly?

Windows Start Button>All Programs>Autodesk>LT 2014>Migrate Custom Setting>Migrate... is where it's always been. Just be careful you don't ruin 2014 in the process.

Message 3 of 5
cdavis7254
in reply to: pendean

I had a custom menu in my ribbon that I wanted. I didn't want to have to recreate it. The plotter settings I've already fixed.
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cdavis7254

Did you simply add stuff to the main menu, or actually create your own custom menu file?

If custom menu file:
- CUI command in LT2012, identify this custom menu file location.
- Windows Explorer, move that CUIx file from 2012 to 2014.
- CUILOAD command in LT2014. Save your workspace with WORKSPACE command.

If you only edited and added to the primary menu file in LT2012, then use CUI command in LT2014, click on teh Transfer Tab, open the 2012 CUIx file on the right side, and drag-drop from right to left to put that content into 2014's menu file.
Save your workspace afterwards, WORKSPACE command.

"plotter settings" I take it you never got around to creating a template file with all your desired settings in it? That's the way to go, start one today.

Message 5 of 5
cdavis7254
in reply to: pendean

a template file? Do you mean a drawing with all the settings?

As for the menus, I just created and added to the menu. Thanks for the directions to get them back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost