Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric/Imperial

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
derek31a
525 Views, 6 Replies

Metric/Imperial

Don't you just hate it when you pick up a drawing started by someone who doesn't know AutoCAD, yet think they do!

Simple question, and I'll probably kick myself around the room when I learn the answer - I've picked up a drawing which has been started with an Imperial Template. How do I change it to Metric, so that I can print 1:1 and not 25,4:1??

Using LT2012

See - I told you it was simple........

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: derek31a

SCALE command and shrink it down to fix it first, then double-check known dimensions to confirm it worked.
OR
Open a template correctly set for your needs, ensure INSUNITS variable is asn you want it (usage explained in HELP), then INSERT the problem file and explode it. AutoCAD will handle the rescaling for you.
Message 3 of 7
derek31a
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for that Dean.

So there is no switch I can select - either scale the whole thing (the obvious easy answer!) or start again with the correct template and paste in the original drawing.

OK, no hardship. Just wondered if it was possible any other way.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

You watch too many sci-fi movies 🙂
Message 5 of 7
derek31a
in reply to: pendean

REALLY - I didn't think that was possible. I guess this must be life, but not as we know it.........:robotlol:

Message 6 of 7
pendean

😉
Message 7 of 7
BArhoumT

not as we know it not as we know it,  lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost