Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu options

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
info
424 Views, 4 Replies

Menu options

Hi, I use AC 2013 LT.

1)When switching between the Drawing and Annotate option to the AC Classic option a menu would appear with options to use the civil menu, mechanical or architectual.  This has now dissappeared and I do not know how to acces it again.

2) Coming from a manual drafting background scaling appeared to be easier. I want to change the template scale shown in the title block from 1:1 to 1:5.  This seems to be able to be done as it is highlighted.  All my efforts save to enter it hard does not work, but this does not change the sheet scale. Changing the scale on the menu bar does not affet the sheet scaling

Any suggestions?  Thanks, Zach

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: info

1. Are you looking for a Palette? TP from the Command line should open this for you.

Or is this a setup option that you are looking for? STARTUP set to 1 pehaps?

2. Do you need to change the Scale of the Viewport that you are seeing in Paper space (Layout)? If so, highlight the Viewport (click on the edge) and change the Scale in the Properties window. Display Locked needs to be Off to do this.

Message 3 of 5
info

Thanks,

1)The TP command works just fine.

2) I want to change the scale of the drawing sheet in the model view.  Using the scale command in this view changes the dimensions as well.  With my previous AC 2008 mechanical when you change the scael in the options menu, the title block scale is also changed.  With 2013 LT I do not know what changes but the sheet scale remains the same.

Regards,

Zach

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

The sheet Scale can be changed by using a Field in the title block. I have no experience with Mechanical 2008 so do not know if this was already incorporadted into your Viewport by whoever created the Template or is standard OOTB.

Post your Drawing if allowed.

Model View objects should be drawn at 1:1,

but,

If you do want to take your Model View objects and scale them either up or down you can change the Dim Scale Linear of the Dimension thru the Properties window by an oppsite amount.

Or create a Dimstyle just for your Scaled items that already takes this into account.

Annotative Dimensions, Texts, etc are meant to do just this with Viewport setups so that all your Modelspace entities remain at 1:1.

If needing to show views of Modelspace at different scales you should explore Annotative scaling.

Message 5 of 5
info

Thanks.  Will try your suggestions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost