Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Customization in AutoCad LT 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
988 Views, 1 Reply

Menu Customization in AutoCad LT 2011

I am having trouble customizing AutoCad for one of my users.  We have directions for this customization for an older (2004) version of AutoCad LT, but many of the options have changed.  We are trying to merge VIADirect with AutoCad LT because it has many of the custom items that we use on a regular basis.  I have typed out the instructions as I have them in the hopes that someone can give me the directions as they need to be.  Many thanks in advance.

1.  Click on Tools/Customize/Menus

2.  In the "Menu Customization" window, select the "Menu Groups" tab

3.  Click "Browse"

4.  Navigate to the ViaDirect 2.0 folder on the C: Drive

5.  Select VDSLT2002.mnc and click "Open"

6.  Click "Load".  Go to the "Menu Bar" tab.

7.  Click the "Menu Group" drop down arrow

8.  Select VSLTLT2002

9.  Scroll down to the "Menus" List

10.  Select "ViaDirect" and click "Insert"

11.  Select "ViaDirect Devices" and click "Insert"

12.  Click "Close"

There are several steps after this, but I have already been able to complete those (because the options exist the same as they did in the 2004 version), but I cannot get the above steps to work as I do not have the options I need - or rather, I do not know the 2011 equivalent options.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Menu structures and style changed starting in LT2006: are you trying to replace the main LT menu with this old menu, or simply have it loaded next to the default screen menu?

CUI command, explore it in LT2010 and in LT's Help. Do NOT make your old menu the default menu, simply add it to load with the main menu.

Here is an old 2006 tutorial that should at least get you over the interface changes:

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2005/05/autocad_2006_tu.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost