Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory allocation error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ivanbulaich
791 Views, 10 Replies

memory allocation error

I have purchased a new HP computer with windows 7, installed Autocad 2000lt, and downloaded the update/patch from Autodesk. Autocad 2000lt works perfectly fine until I try to plot, then the 'memory allocation error" pops up from any printer I chose to plot to. I have downloaded all new drivers for the printers, installed and removed Autocad 2000LT and the update/patch repeatedly, contacted HP printer support and have tried to contact Autodesk, with no luck. If I go to the plotter manager and try the Add A Plotter Wizard, when I try to install the printer driver in Autocad the Add a Plotter Wizard crashes. I was running previously on a HP computer with Vista with no problems. I am at a loss as to the solution of this problem, anyone have any suggestions? Thank You.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ivanbulaich

Have you just treid plotting thru the windows installed printer and forgo the AutoCAD pc3 printer file?

Message 3 of 11
pendean

LT2000 has always required the additional free PLOTUPDATE patch to work with Windows System Drivers: it appears you missed completing that task first.

Message 4 of 11
ivanbulaich
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you for the response. Do you mean using the  "system printer" choice in add a plotter wizard? I have tried using both "My Computer" and "system printer" in the wizard with no luck. In "My Computer" it looks for a .hif file in the HP driver, but the HP driver does not have a .hif file, and if using the "system printer" in the wizard it crashes the wizard. On my other computer with Vista I did not setup the printer through the Add a Plotter Wizard and everything worked fine, on this computer I have tried with the wizard and without with no luck, still gives a memory allocation error.

Message 5 of 11
ivanbulaich
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the response. I have downloaded the patch repeatedly with no luck. The patch I have been using is the plotupdate.exe on http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2523151&linkID=9240618. Is this the correct patch or is their another patch? 

Message 6 of 11
ivanbulaich

Is there a way to verify that the patch has been applied? I read somewhere that after installing the patch if you type _vernum in command in Autocad 2000LT it should respond,  _vernum ="T.1.09". After downloading the patch my command responds, _vernum = "M.1.21m".  Does this signify an incorrect patch download?

Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade

No Wizard.

Just plot from a system printer

Message 8 of 11
pendean

That's the correct patch: it either installs (Windows process), or it does not (windows error is presented). You cannot install a "wrong" patch, it would never install and let you know why.

There is no wizard to plot to a system driver: you ensure the HIDE SYSTTEM PRINTERS is not checked in OPTIONS command's PLOT tab, then you just PLOT and select it.

You never did say what are you plotting to: many older HP devices require a special "universal' driver from HP, or Vista drivers, not much else works.

FYI, LT2000 is not supported in Win7: that means there will never be a fix for it or it's abilities/lack of from Autodesk, HP, or Microsoft. Ever.

Message 9 of 11
ivanbulaich

Thank you again for the response. My printers are older HP printers. The large printer is a HP Designjet 500PS 24" printer. With HP's tech support help this morning we got this printer working from the windows 7 computer except in Autocad 2000LT, where it continues to give a memory allocation error. Forgive my lack of knowledge but after looking everywhere I was unable to find the "hide system printers" check box. I believe it is under the TOOLS tab, OPTIONS, in the PLOTTING tab, but there is no check box here to hide the system printers. If I go to FILE, PLOT, PLOT DEVICES, there is a multichoice scroll that shows printers to choose. If my printers show up here does Autocad regard them as system printers? When I try to choose the Designjet here a memory allocation error occurs immediately as do all the printers I have available. If a printer works on this computer system why does it not work through Autocad 2000LT?

Message 10 of 11
ivanbulaich

On my Vista system computer where the HP Designjet 500ps works with Autocad 2000LT, when I try use the add a plotter wizard it gives the same errors as when trying on the windows 7 system computer. But I am able to print by choosing the printer in PLOT, PLOT DEVICES. No memory allocation error has ever occurred with the Vista system computer. But the add a plotter wizard does not work here either.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

the HP DJ500 works in Win7 and most current AutoCAD versions if you install the Vista 64bit drivers. If LT2000 does not work with it, you've missed the last sentence I noted in my last reply.

Looks like you need to continue with Vista as your operating system for now, Win7 64bit is not compatible. I understand there is a chance Win7 32bit may work better, but that's an upgrade cost to you from Microsoft I believe. Worth a shot if Lt2000 is critical to your business and you can't continue with Vista.

I am curious why you keep trying to use the add-a-plotter wizard when we all keep noting that it is pointless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost