Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Properties Problem: Stops working after a while

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
adkmtnguy
5455 Views, 11 Replies

Match Properties Problem: Stops working after a while

I copy subsequent projects sometimes, when going down a list of similar AutoCAD projects. I've noticed a very frustrating and annoying issue. Every now and then, the match properties command doesn't apply all properties every time I do a match properties command. I'm currently using AutoCAD LT 2004 and I know the difference between trying to match properties of a polyline to a line and the preferred and only way it works, is polyline to polyline.

Can anyone help me out on this one? It seems like such a stupid little nuance, but it's just that. I've searched for days in my free time trying to find a solution, but finally posted here.

Thank you!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: adkmtnguy

I've never heard of such a limitation on matchProp: it works regardless of
what you pick, to or from. It knows enough to only apply what works, there
is no conversion of entity types.

LT2004 is old: is your PC of equal generation? Has this always been a
problem, or a new occurrence?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 12
adkmtnguy

I tend to have problems with computer software that no one else has ever seen, ever. That said, it's been a recurring issue no matter where I've gone, what level of software I use (I run licenses of AutoCAD LLD3, AutoCAD LT2004, and AutoCAD LT 2007). All of the machines are newer (Windows XP Pro and Vista and probably built after 2006/2007).

I'll save an AutoCAD file I'm working on and then next, new project will not be able to match line thicknesses for example. The matchprop will copy the layer and color over, but not the line thickness. Then I try making sure I did a polyline as opposed to a regular line, and sure enough, matchprop still won't copy the line thickness anyway.

Thank you for your time.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

You do know Matchprop/Painter has a settings option that controls what you
want and do not want to change, right?
Start the command, pick an object, then watch the command line.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 5 of 12
adkmtnguy

Yes, I'm aware of the S command after invoking the matchprop command. I also wouldn't think that the setting would check or uncheck themselves in the options dialog that comes up.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Stranger things have happened: it's always worth checking it when it does
not work the way you expect.

Also make sure you understand the difference between PLINEWID, LWEIGHT and
STB settings (and old Plines vs. LWPlines etc.) when trying to match
objects. It gets tricky playing with line thicknesses on screen, way too
many other factors may be influencing the object(s).

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 7 of 12
adkmtnguy

Thank you, I haven't fixed the problem, but I've bypassed it using the command PLINEWID, but still that MATCHPROP command issue is still there. Until I resolve that, or someone else does, PLINEWID will get me by. The only problem I have it that, is that it's an unresolved issue that I may just be copying from project to project.

Now I have yet another issue. This one is worse, it has virtually stopped productivity. If this has been solved elsewhere I apologize as I haven't searched for the answer. I have taken an AutoCAD LT2004 drawing saved in an AutoCAD 2000 LT format which contains very simplistic information such as polylines, dimleaders, mtext, text, circles, lines, polygons, and a few blocks. Now, I cannot edit the mtext in the drawings. I am using LDD3 at home and need to be getting quite a bit of work done in the coming hours. Has anyone experienced this one??? I have tried changing the AutoCAD variables such as making sure DBLCLKEDIT is set to , I've also tried right-clicking and using the mtext edit functionality, as well as tried it from the command line.

I'm at a loss. Thank you. Edited by: adkmtnguy on Dec 16, 2009 4:20 PM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

locked layer? Post the dwg file.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 9 of 12
adkmtnguy

They're all unlocked and have never (had a need anyway) played with that function.

The dwg is uploaded regardless.

Thank you Dean.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

With the understanding I am only using AutoCAD 2009 and 2010...

I can edit all of your text in the layout and inside the viewports (you seem
to have them in both places inside the title-block area above and below the
yellow line).

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 11 of 12
adkmtnguy

Such is my life in the computer and software world. It is nearly impossible to duplicate error(s) I have unless someone experienced is wiht me in person to help troubleshoot. I have no CAD support in the company I work in, I am it. While I stay with the computer at the office and not bother trying to be more efficient by working from home, these issues do not present themselves.

I wonder if I've got to uninstall and reinstall my software on my home machine. I will install LDD3 on my office machine and investigate whether I get the same issues.

There's a number of variables I'm trying to think of whether they impact or even create these problems: file versioning; software; system variables; font support within CAD and on the machine; some hidden ACAD variable I don't know about; and the previously discussed ones above.

Thank you for your help, and if you can think of anything, I'm all ears.
Message 12 of 12
dipyaman.ghosh

Although the thread  is quite an old on but I have faced it recently. What I have observed is that when the dimension style control button on the pallette has a dimension style where some attributes appear inactive, the same attributes remain unaffected even after the matchprop command. 

my two cent advice is that to update the dimension style as per your convenience. true, that it affects the whole of the dimension style in that model but that is the closest i got without much hassle. 

if anyone has any new idea, kindly share. after all that's how a community grows. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost