Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros in 2013LT

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
c.dufrene
393 Views, 6 Replies

Macros in 2013LT

Hi guys,

I prefer to ask here first before editing our buttons...

We have a customized Tab, where our main functions are grouped and also customized.

Dim's are in a drop-down button with a macro that "force" them to be in a specific layer.

What sometimes bother users is to continue to draw in this specific layer...

Here is the macro "^C^C_-layer;s;COTATION-LEADERS;;_dimaligned; "

Would this work "^C^C_-layer;s;COTATION-LEADERS;;_dimaligned;-layer;s;0;" to draw in layer 0 ?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: c.dufrene

I don't know if that will work, but another way is to set up a tool palette, and put the dimensions on there. Then you can set the properties to draw it on a specific layer

See the attached tool palette. Also if the layer does not exist it will create it, BUT to choose the layer first you need to have a drawing open which has already got the layer (You only need to do this once)

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Revise you macro to use the MAKE option in -LAYER, instead of just "set": look up what makes MAKE option in -LAYER command unique in HELP, it will most likely solve your problems.

Then you need to finish the DIMALIGNED command before resetting the layer: your macro stops short.

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

Even if we do not know if it will work or not have you tried?

My expectation is no since you end the Command DIMALIGNED with ; and then go straight into another Layer Command.

I did try this and it is wonky. Not allowing the second point of the DIMALIGNED to be placed and does not Set to Layer 0 when done. This crashes after the DIMALIGNED Command.

Working... (with Deans advice and cannot get past the Command here.)

^C^C_-layer;M;Dim;;_dimaligned

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

^C^C_dimaligned;\\\
Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

^C^C_-layer;M;Dim;;_dimaligned;\\\ ^C^C_-LA;M;0;;

Not enough pauses. Thanks. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
c.dufrene
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you guys Smiley Happy

I tried all proposed solution and the last is "THE one"

I'm really not an expert in macros, not even amateur... All I do is "mimic" what previous IT guy did...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost