Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for Wipeout

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rhoscadman
540 Views, 4 Replies

Macro for Wipeout

Hello folks,

I have been scratching my head with a small problem I have created myself;

I use Autocad LT 2012 and have just recently moved jobs, I thought I had brought all my customizations with me, but I must have cocked up somewhere. I'vw managed to reinstate all my customizations manually but there's one that completely evades me.

I use wipeout quite a lot and rather than go through all the prompts to create a wipeout frame from a polygon or rectangle, I had created a "one-push" button to do it automatically. But this time the macro gets stuck at "select objects" and subsequently it doesn't erase the original polygon or rectangle.

Here are the macro codes I've tried so far:

^C^C_wipeout;P;\\;Y;

^C^C_wipeout;P;\\;;Y;

^C^C_wipeout;P;c;\\;Y;

^C^C_wipeout;P;c;Y;

^C^C_wipeout;P; ;Y;

^C^C_wipeout;P;w;Y;

^C^C_wipeout;P;\;Y;

the last one almost does it but still won't erase the rectangle (object)

What am I missing??

Regards,

Rhoscadman

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rhoscadman

Are you just randomly writing the Macro from memory or did you go thru the steps at the Command line and write down each step and then create the Macro using those steps?

Or tried that with each of your attemps? Doing this may show you where it crashes.

Message 3 of 5
rhoscadman

No, I am going through all the steps that you would use if you were following the command line prompts. My inclination is that it's not recognising when I select a closed polyline. hence the problem. Obviously then I have used different vatiations of the code to see if something else works and/or copying those bits of code that work in my other macros.

Message 4 of 5
Kate_LT

I think your problem lies in the "\;" portion of your macro. A backslash is equivalent to a single pick. If you go through the Wipeout command, you'll notice that you're given the erase question immediately after the click -- you don't have to press Enter to bring it up. So your extra semi-colon is actually accepting the "no" default and ending the command.

Try this instead: ^C^C_wipeout;P;\Y;

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 5 of 5
rhoscadman

Yup That worked a treat. Thank you very much.

Regards

Rhoscadman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost