Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTU For older PC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
NCCDesign-Nige
277 Views, 4 Replies

LTU For older PC

I uninstalled AutoCAD LT 2014 from a PC that I upgraded to Windows 8.1 some time ago, at the same time I also brought a new PC that runs Windows 8.  I foolishly did not know this would later become an issue. My Win 8 PC is upgrading itself to Win 8.1 which will mean that I may not be able to us LT 2014 on it.  I also have a Win 8.1 Lap top which was brought as 8.1 and not an upgrade.  I would like to transfer LT 2014 from the old PC, (the original one) the one I uninstalled it from as the liecence is registered to it.  But with no access to find the LTU this seems impossible.

There is also a separate issue with the fact the old PC has a faulty disc drive, and is no longer able to read any discs.

I have the correct disc, product code etc etc, I just want to load LT onto a third PC in my ownership, 

What can I do?

Thank you,

Nige.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: NCCDesign-Nige

Is there a reason you don't want to just install and reauthorize the new install? Every AutoCAD user on the planet does this at least twice during a version install and Autodesk expects it.
Message 3 of 5
NCCDesign-Nige
in reply to: pendean

I would love to be able to do that. But I have exceeded the number of PC's on to which I can have a licence, and need to use the LTU to transfer one to the other. But the digital licence embedded on the older machine is longer accessible as LT2014 has been uninstalled. I would like to carry out a new installation onto a Preinstalled Win 8.1 PC, and not one where 8.1 is the reulat of an upgrade from Win 8.  I have done that before and it failed big time. Hence the curent PC which is Win 8 and working being used.  But this current PC has now started the process of upgrading itsself to Win 8.1 and as soon as that completes.. bang.. back to square 1.

Thanks for the reply and have a good day.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: NCCDesign-Nige

Read "hat happens if I’ve reached my reactivation limit?" in this link since every AutoCAD user on the planet has had to do this at some point over the last 20+years
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Product...
Message 5 of 5
NCCDesign-Nige
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for that.

Nigel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost