Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2013 upgrade price goes up February 1 (tomorrow)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pendean
352 Views, 5 Replies

LT2013 upgrade price goes up February 1 (tomorrow)

If you are eligible to upgrade to LT2013 from your current LT version (2010, 2011 and 2012), you need to do so today.

Starting tomorrow, February 1 2013, prices go up at least 20%.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lufou1
in reply to: pendean

I don't know if anyone has checked but i looked at the online store and the upgrade price actually went down.  I paid 1046 in november and now it's 745. I called to see if they would issue a credit and not getting the answers I wanted.  I feel like I've been duped!  I hurried to purchase only to find out I should have waited.

My other BIG issue is with Revit LT you can't render unless you have a subscription because you have to use Autodesk 360 in the cloud.  I am new to Revit so this came as quite a surprise.  I have been an autocad user since 2002.  There should be a way to render your drawings without having to spend additional money.  This is really frustrating.  I'm a small independent single person office. 

Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: lufou1

Never seen an upgrade of LT over 5 to 600 dollars unless it had a subscription which is rare.

(Though I've not bought one in several years: on subscription here.)

The rendering question is up front and not hidden. It was one of the first I asked when I looked into Revit LT because I wanted to know.

You can get rendering with the program if you buy the full program or go on subscription. No mystery.

Message 4 of 6
lufou1
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I purchased it online at Autodesk store - it included AutoCAD 2013 LT & Revit 2013 LT.  So my question is, now that i have the Revit 2013 LT and essentially I can't render anything, what would be my best option?  As I said, I'm new to Revit so I didn't even think to ask about the rendering when I purchased.  I've spent the last month just trying to learn the software.  The autodesk store said I can't get a refund and I can't find any information about the pricing of 360.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

Ultimately you need to find a reseller in your area. It sounds like you have many questions that need to be answered directly that we cannot do here. We are end users like you so do not know and cannot speak on Autodesk's pricing policies.

Autodesk 360 does allow 15 visualizations free of charge to try the service.

I'm pretty sure they will let you know the price when you try this service.

In the long run you may find it would be better to have purchased the full program if this is something you are going to use on a regular basis.

For me it did not make sense to move to Revit after I did a Trial of the program, spoke with (several times) and had a demonstration from a reseller, asked about the rendering, looked a the price and ongoing costs, asked my current clients and other Contratctors that I am affiliated with, and assessed the ability to share plans with Builders and Trade contractors (None of which would be possible).

Too few (if any) in my field of work need or want the capability.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Upgrade is $840 for AutoCAD LT 2013 at the online store today Feb 6, 2013 for the download, add shipping cost for a box.

Since you bought a bundle, you will always have to upgrade the bundle (not individual packages) until such time as Autodesk stops bundling them, then you might be able to break them up.

Contact an Authorized Autodesk reseller in your region (yellow pages if you live in a big metro area) and ask about the cost of getting on subscription with your bundle. The way it's priced these days, it's ultimately cheaper than upgrading the bundle later on. Also realize that REVIT (and REVIT LT) are not backwards compatible, never have been: you cannot save down so when the next version comes out you'll be stuck with an 'old' version if you work with partners that have upgraded.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost