Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2012 freezing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MartynCowley3208
346 Views, 4 Replies

LT2012 freezing

When I open LT2012 it freezes with a box saying "Generating icon for..." and the name of a block - I have Design Center open on a second display - the block is in the drawing referenced by Design Center when the program was last used. When I use Task Manager to close it down there is a message that the program is waiting for a response from me but there is no dialog open.

I think this may be a result of turning on hardware acceleration in the last session - I closed that session because Snap was not working and I thought a restart might cure it. Now I cannot open LT2012 at all. Is it possible to run the program with default settings or will I have to uninstall-reinstall?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: MartynCowley3208
Message 3 of 5

Rebooted the computer and LT2012 started ok but Snap is still not working - anyone else had this? I have tried resetting the spacing, turning it on and off with every method - clicking the icon, pressing F9, command line - still no effect.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: MartynCowley3208

Not working?

Could it be LT2012's feature where you cursor no longer bounces around until AFTER you select an object and need to place it is the issue? There is currently no way to make the cursor bonce around like days of old before you select an object.

Message 5 of 5
MartynCowley3208
in reply to: pendean

That's it - didn't know about the new behaviour, was it listed somewhere? Really must find the time to read through the update notes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost