Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2011 & SpaceExplorer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
291 Views, 2 Replies

LT2011 & SpaceExplorer

Chaps - 

I've just upgraded to LT2011 & was delighted to find (completely by accident) that it now interfaced to the range of 3DConnexion controllers for panning & zooming (hurrah).

However, the motion is jerky / the screen flashes white before a move starts / motion stops abruptly (booo).

This is running on a 64bit machine with a 1Gb Nvidia graphics card (with the latest drivers) - any ideas?

Regards,

H.

PS - the machine runs Rhino & NX + the SpaceExplorer (in 2D & 3D flawlessly)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2011 does not take advantage of any graphics card hardware acceleration, which I suspect your other software does.

LT2012 added this ability, but I would try the trial version first to confirm if it is any better.

And your card's driver being on the Autodesk 'approved' list helps (for LT2012, might help for LT2011):

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the prompt reply - appreciated.

I've run LT2012 (trial) &, as you said - it works a treat - the lack of hardware acceleration in LT2011 appears to be the problem....

Very strange - going to the trouble of implementing the SpaceExplorer in 2011 , but not the required graphics support!

Regards,

H.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost