Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2008 and Vista - Application won't open

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Fl Comm Kitchens
193 Views, 6 Replies

LT2008 and Vista - Application won't open

Had no problem installing 2008LT on a new laptop running Vista, but when I try to open it, get an error message saying " AutoCAD LT Application has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available."
So far, Windows hasn't offered a solution.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Fl Comm Kitchens

Don't wait unless you are a premium Microsoft customer LOL

Reinstall LT and/or Vista, contact autodesk support direct as well.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

This should work for you.
Search for the LT executable (aclt.exe) on the folder you have installed it, right click on it, select Properties, then Compatibility, and check mark the "XP compatibility" box, and also at the bottom on the same dialog check mark the "run as administrator" box.
Now you can run AutoCAD.
The first time you run you will see again a message that the program has issues, but just check mark the box on that message so that it won't appear the next time and click "run program".
Now every time you start AutoCAD you see a message saying your computer needs your permission to run this program, click "continue", and it runs. This message is normal on many programs for Vista, kind of exaggeration of the security features on Vista and it can be avoided by going to Control Panel and look for user account control and disable it. Microsoft of course does not recommend it, and it will show a little red icon on the task bar, but it will make Vista behave more like the way we wanted it, as long as we know we are not harming it's integrity with whatever we do on it, just like on XP. On XP, if you install something that is bad, the system will crash and you may be very frustrated getting it back to normal. On Vista it is much much harder to install something bad, but not impossible.
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, I reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine now.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

what you describe is for 2007 or lower, not 2008: doing it in 2008
only cripples the reason for having Vista in the first place, running
natively.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
--
Message 6 of 7

Thanks,
I've seem too late my reply went to a 2008 user instead of 2007 and earlier versions.
Although I am a bit frustrated even AutoCAD LT is a somewhat expensive software, about 5 times as much as Windows Vista, and its users should have a better response from Autodesk including support for Vista.
Vista is not so new considering all the earlier previews which were made available to many exactly for the reason of having software compatibility issues worked out.
But I agree, if one is not knowledgeable enough to take the risks of reducing the security features of Vista, should just leave it as is and look for other options.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

no problem, I wondered...

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost