Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2007 can't open 2004 version?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
lostagain
471 Views, 7 Replies

LT2007 can't open 2004 version?

I've always believed that Autocad (including LT) can open a file saved in any previous version. That's been my experience and why I save files as a previous version when sending files to consultants. Is this not true for LT2007?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: lostagain

Is the program saving the file AutoCAD (full) or some other vertical?

Only reason I can think is a Revit file or something similar not wanting to open in LT.

Message 3 of 8
lostagain
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I am saving from regular Autocad 2011 to 2004. The recipient is using LT2007 and can' t open the file. The problem isn't that LT2007 can't read a standard Autocad 2004 version file - right? So I can narrow down what exactly is the problem. Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Proxy objects maybe?

Any warnings pop up from the LT 2007 user when they try to open the file?

Audited or Recovered the drawing prior to Saving?

Your right that it does not make sense.

I am in LT 2012 but post your file if you can so I can give it a go. Maybe someone here with LT 2007 will try too.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Why not save to 2007 format for the 2007 user?
And have you tried AECTOACAD command as an alternative?
How about ETRANSMIT?
your method of file delivery?
If the send you back the file, can you open it? (as opposed to only opening the file you have)
Message 6 of 8
lostagain
in reply to: pendean

All I'm asking at this point is whether my long held belief is correct that Autocad (LT or regular) can open any file saved in a previous version. It's not stated in the HELP, but it's been my experience and I posted here for confirmation.

I appreciate the tips on additional troubleshooting, but I'm not at that point yet.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

LT is AutoCAD: newer versions can open older version files, like 99.9% of all ther software.

Message 8 of 8
lostagain
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, Dean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost