Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT Weight not adjusting in paperspace

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
architec-tor
1777 Views, 9 Replies

LT Weight not adjusting in paperspace

Trying to change the ltweight settings in paperspace but nothing is working!

Please help!

Thank you! 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
abreau
in reply to: architec-tor

Is your LWT button turned on? Bottom left of screesn, button all the way on the right.

Message 3 of 10
architec-tor
in reply to: abreau

The LWT button is on -- and I want to see the lineweights, but they are not adjusting thickness (just staying super bold.)

Message 4 of 10
Lawson2011

Try this, go into you LAYER settings for the particular line in question and change the line weight ??, you may have already tried this??  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
architec-tor
in reply to: Lawson2011

I am familiar with the lineweight setting in the layer property manager and am able to make adjustments to the way these lines display in model space but not in paperspace.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

If you tap that HELP button on the pop-up you posted, then scroll down to the botom of the page, it notes that the adjust slider only works in the Model Tab. Not what you are asking it to do.

What LT version are you using? and What do you want it to display in paperspace? And are you having PLOT problems, or just diplay issues with LWEIGHT?

Message 7 of 10
architec-tor

LT 2012, Win 7.

I have not tried a plot yet, but in paperspace the lies are so thick that reading the drawing is impossibe.

Please advise on how to control lineweights viewed in paperspace.

Thank you!!

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Plot the layout and find out. I don't use linewieghts like that: if they are too thick you may need to adjust them to work in paperspace, not their display. Use the plotted result, not the screen, as your guide if you are issuing drawings on paper of PDF and not CAD.

I prefer to set them in my plot style table and simply turn on the Display option in the pagesetup for each layout: but that's not for everyone.

Message 9 of 10
architec-tor
in reply to: pendean

I am still unable to simply *view* the drawings in paperspace because the lineweights are super thick and bleed out all the informationon the page. How do I control the viewing of lines in paperspace to make them appear thinner and more plot-like realistic?

Thank  you!

Message 10 of 10
pendean

Did they print that bad too? You didn't answer that question. Test with adn without the SCALE LINEWEIGHTS check box.

May I ask why you wish to use LWEIGHT? Lineweights like that are displayed in pixels and do not change when zoomed in or out and do not represent the exact width of an object in model space. HELP says: " For example, if you want to draw an object with a real-world width of 0.5 inches, do not use a lineweight; instead, use a polyline with a width of 0.5 inches to represent the object."

HELP also adds this little gem:

"Display Lineweights in Layouts

In layouts and plot preview, lineweights are displayed in real-world units, and lineweight display changes with the zoom factor."

That to me means your 0.5  width is too thick for paperspace and may need to be 0.05 for example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost