Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
jacko45
992 Views, 28 Replies

LT 2013

I have just received my subscription update to LT2013 and am looking for the informed opinions from the experts on the new version. Currently running LT 2012.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
pendean
in reply to: technoidatx

Install the LT2012 update and you get back the Classic Array command.

Message 22 of 29
technoidatx
in reply to: pendean

as in the update for 2012 from last year or an update that is provided somewhere on the subscription site ? 

Message 23 of 29
technoidatx

as in the update for AutocadLT 2012 from last year or an additional update that is provided somewhere on the subscription site ? 

Message 24 of 29
pendean

LT2012's update that's available to everyone adds back the classic array command, Service Packs, Updates & Downloads:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17692311&linkID=9240818

Message 25 of 29
technoidatx

Oh yeah I installed that service pack already. If the Claasic Array feature was included with that update would the GUI have a new panel to use for the Classic Aray function or is there a command line operation that should be used ? 

Message 26 of 29
pendean

The HELP file that goes with the update states:

" New ARRAYCLASSIC command and SNAPGRIDLEGACY system variable

The Service Pack brings back the Array dialog functionality by introducing a new ARRAYCLASSIC command. It also introduces the option to restore legacy Snap behavior by controlling it through the new SNAPGRIDLEGACY system variable:

ARRAYCLASSIC
Creates copies of objects in a regularly spaced rectangular or polar array.

SNAPGRIDLEGACY
1 – Always snap the cursor to the grid
0 – Only snap the cursor to the grid when AutoCAD prompts to specify a point"

Message 27 of 29
technoidatx

Thanks so much I am subscribing to your blog. Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 29
pendean

Not to over self-advertise, but if you also follow my Twitter account (you can use MSOutlook or AutoCAD/LT 2012, you don't even need a twitter account if you don't have one) you'll get daily tips for free.

Message 29 of 29
donaldgoerig
in reply to: jacko45

I just got my ACAD LT 2013 DVD as well.  I have been waiting to upgrade to the Mac version for several years now and finally it's available!  I really love the new layout of the Mac version and am very excited to use it professionally.  Unfortunately I am still very disappointed and still have to use the PC version to work successfully.  There are still several commands that I use very often in my work that are not included in the Mac version that do exist in the Windows version.  The Layer State Manager is STILL not part of the Mac verision and I really wonder why.  As far as I know, there is no replacement yet it's such a great tool as I use it to switch between plan levels like floor plan or roof plan.  There is also no Change Space command in the Mac version, again a valuable tool.

Kate, do you know why it's taking so long to get the Mac version to catch up since at least the 2011 version? 

Thanks

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost