Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 HP designjet 500

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
condor1959
1434 Views, 3 Replies

LT 2013 HP designjet 500

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure HP designjet plotter on LT 2013 over win7.

Is it possible ?

Is HP 500 certified for LT 2013 ?

Do I have to install before on win7 or directly doing using LT 2013 ?

I'm using USB port connection.

Thanks

Condor1959

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: condor1959

Hp500 is old, LT2013 and Win7 are much newer: AFAIK you need to get better 64bit drivers for HP500 for it to work with any AutoCAD version in Win7. Check out the print-plot discussion area for many tips and issues with the old HP500 plotters and Win7: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/bd-p/30

Message 3 of 4
drjohn

I had an issue with the HP500 a few moons ago and found the thread.  It may not be EXACTLY your problem but it IS possible to configure the HP-500 with ACAD2012.  Not sure about 2013 (but then who is?)

Here is the thread that described my issue

Problem with the thread is that when I posted the driver I used I inadvertantly pasted a graphics driver link that was apparently residing on my clipboard.

The driver I used with Win7 x64 and ACAD 2012 was hpdj500wx64pclen.zip

It may not solve your issue but it may get you started in the right direction.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 4
Irish2

Yes, it is possible. It is not Autocad that is the challenge it is with Windows and an older technology in the plotter. As Pendean points out there have been numerous discussions about this already and you need to look there. There are solutions and it all has to do with getting rid of old drivers and then installing new ones.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost