Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 Copy/Paste not working after a few times

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
qdcg
3548 Views, 18 Replies

LT 2013 Copy/Paste not working after a few times

Hi,

A few of the computers are having problems with the Copy/Paste function. They had it working a few times and after that, it stopped working (can't paste after copying). Have tried restarting autocad and the computer but the issue is still there. Have also tried updating the service pack to the latest version. It works for a while and stopped working again.

Kindly help to provide solutions. Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: qdcg
Message 3 of 19
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Pendean

Please try to use WBLOCK then INSERT instead of copy/paste ...

Happy New Year, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 19
qdcg
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply but i was refering to the copy and paste function in autocad. It was working fine for like 3 or 4 copy and paste before it cannot work.

copy.png      paste.png

Message 5 of 19
pendean

That's still the Windows Clipboard function, just like the one in MSWord, MSExcel, Photoshop and more.
Message 6 of 19
ScottHodges

I have always found the cut & paste function within AutoCAD problematic. The behaviour you describe, I would consider normal. Try a restart of the computer and AutoCAD to clear the clipboard and free up windows resources. Some object can not be copied and pasted, especially if they originated in different, higher versions of AutoCAD. Just my personal experience
Message 7 of 19
gouveianuno

I have the same problem in at least two computers, but the copy paste function works ok in Microsoft suits; it is just not working in Acad lt (version 2001 in this case).

Message 8 of 19
pendean
in reply to: gouveianuno

AutoCAD's COPYCLIP command simply writes a WBLOCK out to your Windows Profile's Temp folder: open it, COPYCLIP something and see if a new file appears or not (name starts with a A$ then a bunch of numbers). If there is one already, see if deleting it helps the problem.

Can you use WBLOCK on those objects when copyclip stops working?
Message 9 of 19
gouveianuno

It's definetely Not a Windows clipboard issue.

Just to check, I've just installed Bricscad in the same computer and with BC it works perfectly with the same files.

In Acad Lt copy paste simply doesn't work in these files.

Message 10 of 19
pendean

Re-read my last post: there is a folder and file you must check, and unrestricted access to it with your Windows log-in
Message 11 of 19
3tk
Community Visitor

I have the same issue - the file in the temp folder is fine, but pasting leaves what appears to be the letter 'C' in simplex font exploded.

Message 12 of 19
pendean

It would appear you might be pasting more that you planned.
Message 13 of 19
3tk
Community Visitor

one line?  i'm trying to paste one line.

Message 14 of 19
pendean

That broken 'c' is coming from somewhere friend: you picked up more that you bargained for or you have a royally messed up file.
Just look at the facts you are sharing with us.
Message 15 of 19
Acridz

I am recieving the exact same problem, I am using AutoCAD 2012 and I was copying some lines from one drawing to another, and suddenly it stopped working. Most of the time when I paste something it looks like there is nothing there, but every now and then, even when I just try to copy and paste one line, it will paste the letter "c" or the letter "t" and one time it even pasted a UCS symbol even though I know I have never even used that symbol in any of my drawings. The object it pastes changes every time even though i am just copying and pasting the same line with just one click. The weirdest part about it all, is that nothing was changed in between the time it started working, and it stopped working. I have confirmed that the error was not with the clipboard, but an internal error. I have tried purging and auditing the drawing with no luck. Since this happened the first time, it happens in every one of my drawings so it is very,very frustrating. If someone could help me out I would be really thankful.

Message 16 of 19
katie1994
in reply to: Acridz

Add me to the frustrated list. After 2 years on 2013 this function has started acting oddly today. I frequently copy/paste between drawings and have never had issues with it. A few minutes ago I tried to copy a block into another drawing but it just inserted _ArchTick. I tried it again, same result. Went back and unselected everything and selected the block, same thing. I exploded the block and tried to copy/paste that, _Archtick again. What's up?

Message 17 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: katie1994

May be an ovesimplified solution to try but have you tried a restart of CAD or a reboot of the computer?

Message 18 of 19
pendean
in reply to: katie1994

Software doesn't just break: never has, still doesn't. Your source or destination file(s) may be the reason more than likely. If restarting your PC did not clear the issue, try testing more than just the two files you are in to confirm the problem is in ALL files, even new files, with new objects to copy/paste.

If it's still there, explore this fix:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2010-2011-2012/restore-default-block-quot-archtick-quot/m-p/4...

You might also need to fix your files to eliminate the foreign objects in them that are triggering this error: AECTOACAD command (or -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command) and knock those files down to R2009 format.
Message 19 of 19
katie1994

We figured out what happened. The block I was trying to import had been saved as _ArchTick. When I tried to import it the new location was overriding the definition and showing the block as the actual tick. Duh. I renamed the block in the source drawing and that fixed everything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost