Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 application error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
550 Views, 4 Replies

LT 2013 application error

Hello, recently our Autocad LT 2013 has started giving out the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)" error randomly on program launch. Thinking SP2 would fix it, i tried installing through autocad, but after it says transferring, nothing happens and everything closes and this box comes up. If I go and get the update package and install it manually, i get the same error. This machine is running windows 7 pro x64 and I have already tried a repair, and full uninstall/reinstall.ACLT error.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Since you have already tried a REapi install and a uninstall/install a System Restore to a month or so ago will likely not make any difference.

Do you allow windows to update automatically?

Any Norton products on your machines?

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

.NET Installs can be a culprit as well.

.NET Cleanup Utility:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No Norton products are installed, but we do have McAfee AV. Windows updates do automatically install as part of our domain policy. But i will try cleaning up our .net installers and perform a clean install and update you on the results. And even if it was suggested, system restore isn't an option, it is completely disabled due to performance decreases and numerous other issues that arise from using it. 

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Look for .NET updates. I bet one of these is the culprit.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Ran the .net cleanup tool, and re-installed 4.0 from microsoft, and went through and performed a clean install for autocad and everything is working great now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost