Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 Annotation scale error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TrisSY2014
758 Views, 1 Reply

LT 2013 Annotation scale error

OK this is really a 2 part query.

the first one has been driving me nuts for the past couple of releases. Why is it everytime I recover a drawing when required almost always the annotation scale of dimensions reverts back to displaying as 1:1, even though when I check the properties it tells me that it is the correct annotation scale (eg1:50) (and no, doing a global regen doesn't fix it) the only way I have found of fixing this error is to select the dimensions, go into the properties, assign a secondary scale and delete the original scale, deselect all and regen. I then have to select the dimensions again, go into the properties, re-assign the original scale and delete the secondary scale. This is a huge hassle when you have multiple scale dimensions in a drawing.

The second applies specifically to LT 2013, which has only recently been installed. I have set up a details sheet with multiple vports and multiple scales. Everytime I set the Anno scale for the vport it will not match to the display scale. This use to sincronise in previous releases. When I go into properties to try and correct the anno scale to the vpscale the vport tries to regen to some odd scale and autocad crashes. I have tried this in several different files and get the same result. Purge audit and recovery do not fix this error. (oh and the comp I use isn't even 12 months old for anyone thinking it might be a hardware error). Is there a new system variable that Im not aware of that is governing this?

Solutions would be appreciated

Cheers,

Tris

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: TrisSY2014

I've only seen the first problem if the reason for the recovery was a corrupt dimstyle: otherwise it's never happened.

Post a sample DWG files for the second 2013 specific issue: can't replicate here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost