Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2012 Closes on Startup

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lsucampbells
1639 Views, 8 Replies

LT 2012 Closes on Startup

I have a newer Lenovo T530 laptop with Windows 7 64bit.  I installed LT 2012 and have been running fine for the last few months.  However today when I try to open a file LT briefly opens and displays the file (for about 1 sec) and then LT closes.  My error is posted below.  Help Please!

Reason=Fatal error
ComputerName=WCAMPBELL
OS=6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
File=AdlmIntLicense.cpp,Line=612
VendorID=6 [ADLMPIT]
VendorError=2 [The file could not be opened]
Reason=Fatal error
ComputerName=WCAMPBELL
OS=6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
File=AdlmIntLicense.cpp,Line=613
AdlmIntError=2 [Failed: Internal programming error]

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Are you using the file to open LT or opening LT and then choosing the File?

What changed on the OS overnight?

Windows update?

Registry cleaner?

New program?

Try restoring the OS to several days ago and see if CAD will open.

Message 3 of 9

-  I've tried both, and both react the same way as I've described.

What changed on the OS overnight?

- I have not changed anything manually, and I don't see any obvious changes made by outside parties.

Windows update?

- Possibly the issue, our company outsources our IT and they push updates automatically every Sunday night.  IF there is not a quick fix to this issue I will call our IT managers.

Registry cleaner?

- I have not run one in the last two weeks.  

New program?

- I have not installed any new programs in the time between when LT worked and now.

Try restoring the OS to several days ago and see if CAD will open.

- Good idea.  I'll give it a try.

Message 4 of 9

- To clarrify, If i open LT using the Start menu then LT opens and then closes just before the layout screen would appear.  When I open a file, LT closes just after the layout screen appears.

Message 5 of 9

Restoring to a previous point did not affect my autocad issue.

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: lsucampbells

ADLM in the error message you posted is the License Manager: log in as someone else on your PC and try to use LT, does the problem go away? Ensure this second user log-in has local admin rights to launch LT for the first time.

Message 7 of 9
lsucampbells
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had another coworker log in and they experienced the same shutdown after the intial loading window.

I'll keep trying any other suggestions from other on the forum.  In the mean time I put a call into our outsourced IT company to see if anything they did started this issue.

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: lsucampbells

Your ProductInformation.pit file is corrupted.  You will need to delete this file manually, then reinstall AutoCAD LT and reactivate the product.

You can find this file in the following hidden folder in Windows Vista/7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 9
lsucampbells
in reply to: TravisNave

I have seen similar posts about the ProductInformation.PIT file in other forums.  After wrestling with admin rights for a bit, I was finally able to delete this file.  After deleting the file I was able to uninstall and then reinstall LT; which I was unable to do prior to deleting the .PIT file.  

Thanks to all of the Expert Elite posts.  I have learned a lot about how this software operates from troubleshooting this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost