Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lt 2011 Plot problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Guoqing_Wang
1005 Views, 7 Replies

Lt 2011 Plot problem

When plot drawing from AutoCAD LT 2011, sometimes the drawing shrink to smaller size than it should be on the paper of JPG file, sometimes doesn't actually plot at all, which means the JPG file is 0 size (The JPG files are save on a server.).

Every time when I plot a drawing, I perform the preview, and the preview is totally fine.

If restart AutoCAD, it will work properly for a while, then it will have again.

This kind of problems don't not alway happen. Someday it's very bad, someday it works very well.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Try a Repair Install from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel then on the AutoCAD entry choose remove/modify (or what ever the button says.   Whjat happens if you plot to a PDF file - does it work reliably?

Message 3 of 8
Guoqing_Wang
in reply to: Guoqing_Wang

Thanks for your reply,

Actually I just reinstall my AutoCAD LT 2011 last week. Before I reinstall autocad the problem was that a message "Drawing file is write protected" showed up when I save drawing file. This happened quiet often. therefore I choose to reinstall autocad. There is no file permission problem. I could save the same file several times successfully, then the file could become 'Read Only' after one save command. This 'Read Only" only appears in autocad. I still have the full access to the file on the server, such as rename, delete etc. I can close the file and reopen again, then I can save the file again.

The files are store on a server, When I try to save the files on my desktop, it works very well.

After the reinstallation, I have use autocad for 2 days, there is no this problem anymore till now.

However, there comes the new problem. I tries several time to save the jpg files on my desktop, it worked properly.

I couldn't understand why this happened. Anybody has the same/similar problem?

Message 4 of 8
rraych2001

I have loaded AutoCad Lt 2011...unfortunately while attempting to plot/print autocad does not recognize my printer...it is sayining there is a .dll  file missing...woudn't that be a driver of some kind.  oh and the printer works fine with any other software on the computer...

Message 5 of 8
pendean

"Drawing file is write protected" has no fix by a reinstall, all you did was cure a symptom and not the problem.

AutoCAD needs 100% all-the-time connection to your DWG file. The moment/instant that connection is lost, AutoCAD assumes the file is open in anotrher application and gives you that one error message. AutoCAD has behaved like this since day one. Most other programs can do the same, which other program do you have up and running one or a few files for 4-6-8hours a day?

You need to find out the cause/reason why that was: is your DWG file in a server? or a shared NAS drive, or a thumb drive? Are these locations set to 'snooze' when inactive, or time out after a few moments of inactivity (like you not saving on a regular basis)? Elaborate.

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: rraych2001

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Installation Help
http://www.autodesk.com/install

Up & Ready Installation and Startup Help:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9415420&linkID=9240617

Safety Net Autodesk support (not free):
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=7031104&linkID=9240617

If you are on subscription, visit your Autodesk
Subscription Page for direct Autodesk Help.

Message 7 of 8
Guoqing_Wang
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your concern. I may be the network problem as Pendean described above.

I uninstalled AutoCAD LT 2011 and installed AutoCAD 2010 yesterday. The "Drawing file is write protected" problem happened the same as when I used LT 2011. Therefore, I thought there might be something need to be done on the server and network.

I will let you know what happens in the future.

Message 8 of 8
rraych2001
in reply to: pendean

I did try the uninstall and reinstall....twice as a matter of fact.  Since that is what autocad recommends.  I have been using autocad since 1988 and I have never had this kind of problem with installation before.  Even when loading the older versions of LT I did not have this problem....strange...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost