Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2011 closing down without warning

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
KarenButler8
1071 Views, 8 Replies

LT 2011 closing down without warning

Hi guy's,

we have just recently upgraded to 2011 and it keeps shutting down on me without any kind of warning or error messages coming up. Any ideas? my IT guy's can't find anything wrong with it either and i havent messes around with any of my settings.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 3 of 9
KarenButler8
in reply to: KarenButler8

had it installed last week and its done this 3 times

Message 4 of 9

So not always?

Or one particullar drawing?

Message 5 of 9
KarenButler8

No its on verious drawings whilst in various commands, there doesnt seem to be any pattern although saying that twice its happened whils in a copy command

Message 6 of 9

Windows Copy/Paste or CAD Copy command?

I've had Copy/Paste shut the program down without warning when copying entities from Andersen Window Studio. This has been the only link that I have noticed. If it's the Copy command a repair install may be in order.

Message 7 of 9

ahhh its the cad copy command then. it close when i am copying blocks around my drawings and it might possibly have happened whilst copy with a basepoint too! Mystery solved.

Now how do we get it fixed?

Message 8 of 9

RECOVER, AUDIT, PURGE the drawing that is giving you problem this morning.

You may want to WBLOCK the drawing into a new file.

If it is a particlular block that is being moved around do the same to it from its container drawing and remove it (PURGE) from the destination drawing before trying again.

A repair install and/or removing LT and reinstalling may need to be done but I think finding the culptit entity(ies) is a better start.

Message 9 of 9
pendean

Explore the Graphics Card topic at the top of the LT forum area where you are posting, see if that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost