Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2010 Unable to load profile file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1614 Views, 7 Replies

LT 2010 Unable to load profile file

I've installed the free demo version of LT 2010, and it didn't issue any error messages during install. Whenever I start it, I get an error message "Unable to load profile file...", usually followed by another message "Unable to load tool catalogs..."

I've tried the "fix" for this problem posted on their Service & Support page, but the regsvr32 command ends in an error code 0x80070005. I've uninstalled and re-installed AutoCAD LT and also the MSXML 6.0, but still can't get it to start up without these errors.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you logged into Windows as full Administrator, not just local or limited
account user when you start LT?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I'm logged in as an administrator (Windows XP Media Center edition). Every time LT starts I get this:

"Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved in last session may not be restored."

And the Command Line area is alway missing from the screen. I tried the procedure I found on Autodesk's website to run the msxml6.msi program, which initially said it couldn't run because a higher version was already installed (as far as I can tell, the version already installed was 6.0). I un-installed it and then msxml6.msi ran OK, but when I then do the next part of the procedure ("regsvr32 msxml6.dll"), I get an error message:

DllRegister Server in msxml6.dll failed.
Return code was: 0x80070005

I also sometimes get "Unable to load tool catalogs. A required module is not registered properly."
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Higher version means another program created and is using it. That may be
the problem.
msxml6.dll is related to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0, which LT2010 uses.

Grab a freeware called REVO UNINSTALLER, use it's last option to remove LT
and all versions of .NET Framework, continue through it's options, select
and delete everything it offers to delete.

Grab another freebie: CCLEANER. Use it's CLEANER section to clear out
Windows. Use it's REGISTRY section to optimize your PC. Delete whatever both
offer to delete, take it up on the offer to backup your registry first.

From Microsoft's website, grab .Net Framework 3 sp1 (I think) that LT2010
requires and install it.

Restart Windows.

Install LT2010.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I tried all that and it didn't help. What finally fixed it was doing almost what was described on Autodesk's troubleshooting tip. I had to un-install EVERYTHING that said "MSXML" (all versions), and the re-install MSXML6.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, I'm having a tough time with LT 2010. I'm getting the same "Unable to load Profile File... Some profile Information in Last Session May not be Restored"

The program eventually boots but my workspace settings are not correct and I need to manually switch to "LT classic" in my case.

That part's a minor annoyance, except it's running sluggishly, and today when I went to plot something I got this new popup message:

"Your Printing or Publishing job is Processing in the Background"

OK, but the thing is, it never sends the file to my printer! It's like it can't figure out what to do. Tried my laser printer and DesignJet 500 plotter... 'no go' on either one.

My old AutoCAD LT 2006 is looking better and better to me as this keeps occurring. I keep having to fall back on it to get any work done at all!!!

I did all the stuff mentioned in previous posts and still no success. I also removed all the MSMXL programs and did a reinstallation to MSMXL6, and registered using RUN "REGSVR32 MSXML6.DLL" and it said it was successful.

After all this, and still have no change. As a last ditch effort, I will reboot my PC and see if there is success. I doubt it will help, but ANYTHING is worth a try at this point.

I wonder, is there a return policy for unsatisfied customers? Can I dump it on ebay once it's been registered to me? (which it is) Can anybody help me??

Best regards,
B. Light
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Try my solution posted here:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6367432&
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

>>>..."Your Printing or Publishing job is Processing in the
>>>Background"...<<<
so... turn off background plotting and publishing: OPTIONS command, Plot
tab.

>>>...I need to manually switch to "LT classic" in my case...<<<
WSSAVE command, after you set it as your default and save it manually.

>>>...Unable to load Profile File... Some profile Information in Last
>>>Session May not be Restored"...<<<
User above indicates it's a bad Windows User account type issue with LT,
worth trying as well.

If you authorized LT2010 to use, you pretty much ruined it for anyone else
to legally buy and use. Well, if you want to remain honest and not stick it
to anyone anyway... .

--
Dean Saadallah
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost