Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2009 already installed, but keep getting new activation codes?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tlcc
311 Views, 6 Replies

LT 2009 already installed, but keep getting new activation codes?

I have a stand alone version of ACAD LT 2009 installed on an older PC laptop running XP.

Haven't used it in awhile (maybe 6 months), and now each and every time I start the program, it interrupts with a warning that it must check the registration.

Once that is done, I can work on it as usual.

BUT, in my email I'm getting new activation  and request codes every time I start the program. (Same serial number, but new codes each time)

???

I am not re-installing the program. It is the same old program on the same old machine. Never had this problem before.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: tlcc

Try logging into the PC as a new user with full admin rights and see if the problem goes away.
Message 3 of 7
tlcc
in reply to: pendean

This seems to have solved the problem. All the settings were lost w/ new log in, but when I go back to the former log in, it no longer checks registration, or sends new codes. Unfortunately it is crashing more often, however. Can I get rid of the new log-in now, or must I keep it active?

Message 4 of 7
tlcc

I wrote too soon. It is now sending activation codes again. Nothing has changed. Any other possible solutions?   If I use the program daily, I receive daily activation codes -- actually every time I turn the computer on, and start the program. It could be multiple times daily. Can I just ignore all the multiple activation codes? 

Message 5 of 7
pendean

What changed on this old PC: get a brand new whizzbang anti virus app? Some sort of "crash-proof" app? Load up some new programs? Suddenly using huge DWG files?
Something on your PC has started messing up LT's access to the system.
Message 6 of 7
tlcc
in reply to: pendean

No...absolutely NOTHING changed. I haven't used this laptop for awhile, but have added no new programs, virus checkers, etc.  Only thing that may have changed is if Windows had an "auto update" that I was not aware of?
Message 7 of 7
pendean

If that's all that changed, often a Windows System Restore back to a time you last used it successfully ought to fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost