AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Reply
*O'Neill, Graham
Message 1 of 5 (1,045 Views)

LT 2002 install failure

1045 Views, 4 Replies
09-23-2001 08:37 PM
I am trying to install Autocad 2002lt on my windows 98 PC and it gets to the
end and just sits there and when I eventually quit the install and tried it
again it comes up with resume and sits there again doing nothing. If I click
on the shortcut I get the following error: INTERNAL ERROR: Sequence error
reading initial allocation list.
If I try to uninstall it it just goes back to resume installation.

Any ideas?

Graham
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 2 of 5 (1,045 Views)

Re: LT 2002 install failure

09-23-2001 09:58 PM in reply to: *O'Neill, Graham
Restart your PC, turn off all running background applications (lower right
corner of your Windows screen, your Windows System Tray, right click and
turn off everything), double click on My Computer, delete everything in the
Windows>Temp folder, Delete all LT2002 reference folders under Program Files
folder, do a system FIND and delete every reference to LT2002.

Restart your PC, turn off all running background applications (lower right
corner of your Windows screen, your Windows System Tray, right click and
turn off everything), start the installation again. See if all that helps.

--
Dean Saadallah
www.pendean.com
--


"Graham O'Neill" wrote in message
news:171D74561C51FB6A014F528AD7B4E5D9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I am trying to install Autocad 2002lt on my windows 98 PC and it gets to
the
> end and just sits there and when I eventually quit the install and tried
it
> again it comes up with resume and sits there again doing nothing. If I
click
> on the shortcut I get the following error: INTERNAL ERROR: Sequence error
> reading initial allocation list.
> If I try to uninstall it it just goes back to resume installation.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Graham
>
>
*Support, Autodesk
Message 3 of 5 (1,045 Views)

Re:

09-24-2001 07:39 AM in reply to: *O'Neill, Graham
Graham,

Are you sure that it just stalls out? It may be that the Volo View Express
wizard (win installer) is setting behind the end of the LT 2002 install. Try
reinstalling and if it just sets there minimize the LT install window and see if
there is another install window for Volo View Express.

--
Bill Gilk
PSG Product Support, Americas
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion

Dean Saadallah wrote:

> Restart your PC, turn off all running background applications (lower right
> corner of your Windows screen, your Windows System Tray, right click and
> turn off everything), double click on My Computer, delete everything in the
> Windows>Temp folder, Delete all LT2002 reference folders under Program Files
> folder, do a system FIND and delete every reference to LT2002.
>
> Restart your PC, turn off all running background applications (lower right
> corner of your Windows screen, your Windows System Tray, right click and
> turn off everything), start the installation again. See if all that helps.
>
> --
> Dean Saadallah
> www.pendean.com
> --
>
> "Graham O'Neill" wrote in message
> news:171D74561C51FB6A014F528AD7B4E5D9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I am trying to install Autocad 2002lt on my windows 98 PC and it gets to
> the
> > end and just sits there and when I eventually quit the install and tried
> it
> > again it comes up with resume and sits there again doing nothing. If I
> click
> > on the shortcut I get the following error: INTERNAL ERROR: Sequence error
> > reading initial allocation list.
> > If I try to uninstall it it just goes back to resume installation.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Graham
> >
> >
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 4 of 5 (1,045 Views)

Re:

09-24-2001 09:55 PM in reply to: *O'Neill, Graham
Bill, the recommendation probably should be to run a Custom install, and
de-select the Volo View Express installation, since it does seem to cause
problems for all 2002 products if installed at the same time as the AutoCAD
product.

Volo View Express can easily be installed separately from the CD.

--
Dean Saadallah
www.pendean.com
--


"Bill Gilk (Autodesk Support)" wrote in message
news:3BAFB63B.7C70948D@autodesk.com...
> Graham,
>
> Are you sure that it just stalls out? It may be that the Volo View
Express
> wizard (win installer) is setting behind the end of the LT 2002 install.
Try
> reinstalling and if it just sets there minimize the LT install window and
see if
> there is another install window for Volo View Express.
>
> --
> Bill Gilk
> PSG Product Support, Americas
> WW Support & Services, Autodesk
> Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion
>
> Dean Saadallah wrote:
>
> > Restart your PC, turn off all running background applications (lower
right
> > corner of your Windows screen, your Windows System Tray, right click and
> > turn off everything), double click on My Computer, delete everything in
the
> > Windows>Temp folder, Delete all LT2002 reference folders under Program
Files
> > folder, do a system FIND and delete every reference to LT2002.
> >
> > Restart your PC, turn off all running background applications (lower
right
> > corner of your Windows screen, your Windows System Tray, right click and
> > turn off everything), start the installation again. See if all that
helps.
> >
> > --
> > Dean Saadallah
> > www.pendean.com
> > --
> >
> > "Graham O'Neill" wrote in message
> > news:171D74561C51FB6A014F528AD7B4E5D9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I am trying to install Autocad 2002lt on my windows 98 PC and it gets
to
> > the
> > > end and just sits there and when I eventually quit the install and
tried
> > it
> > > again it comes up with resume and sits there again doing nothing. If I
> > click
> > > on the shortcut I get the following error: INTERNAL ERROR: Sequence
error
> > > reading initial allocation list.
> > > If I try to uninstall it it just goes back to resume installation.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Graham
> > >
> > >
>
New Member
LoveFishing
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-25-2001
Message 5 of 5 (1,045 Views)

Re:

09-25-2001 09:52 AM in reply to: *O'Neill, Graham
Hi Everyone... installed LT 2002 on one of my computers and had the exact same problems as Graham when I tried to install it on my other computer. I also tried the above methods that Dean suggested. I even tried the add/remove option from the control panel and it leads me back to a screen that says "Would you like to resume the installation?" The only problem is, there is only one option on that... "cancel"! Seems like the program freezes up.... hard to fiqure out, especially since I have removed every other trace of lt2002! This cannot be something new... help??
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.