Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low memory window

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
hc100
858 Views, 28 Replies

low memory window

I keep getting this message come up 

"AutoCAD LT is running out of system memmory. Continuing the current opperation may result in program failure or loss of data. Do you want to cancel the current operation."

Does any one know what memory this pretains to?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
pendean
in reply to: hc100

What Windows version are you running, and how much RAM does your system have?

And what triggers the error message, something specific or is it totally random?

Message 3 of 29
Modman_4
in reply to: pendean

All I'd do is have the Task Manager running in the background, and check it periodically to see how much memory usage your AutoCAD has climbed up to. One clue to this behavior is if you are switching between two open drawings, it will take noticably longer to finally hand over the cursor for your use. It's up to you to determine at what level of memory usage you should probably save everything, shut down the application, and then start it back up (because it won't let go of large chunks  of memory unless you do -- this comes even from drawings that were closed during your session -- it just doesn't let go of some of it. Someone said it was because of object enablers).

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 4 of 29
hc100

I am running windows XP with 2GB of RAM

The problem only seams to occure when the file I am working with is larger than 13MB

Sory for the delay in response I forgot that I had posted somthing here.

Message 5 of 29
Charles_Shade

Message 6 of 29
pendean

Your system is underpowered: fix it by upgrading your system.

In the meantime, turn on Windows Task Manager and kill all background running applications that are not critical to Windows XP, including all of your added applications, and explore increasing Windows Virtual memory settings. You won't see any dramatic improvements, you'll just be delaying the system crash a little longer.

Message 7 of 29
hc100

More RAM looks to the best solution, there is more than enough virtual memory available.

I will see if I can upgrade the memory then will see what happens.

Message 8 of 29
Charles_Shade

With an XP OS your only going to get to use 1 Gig additional

Message 9 of 29
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Unless the OP wants to experiment withn the 3G+ feature in XP 32bit... .

Message 10 of 29
Charles_Shade

Hmm...

After a quick read not sure it's worth it.

Message 11 of 29
pendean

There is a 50-50 chance it will do wonders for your performance or crash and burn your OS: it may be 60-40, or even 70-30, but not much better sadly. Reason XP is a tired old OS to use in this day and age with modern applications.

Message 12 of 29
suryaniit06

Hi everybody,

I am facing low memory error for few days in 3ds max 2012.
and my pc configuration is windows xp 64bit, i7 2600k processor, 16 GB Ram, Nvidia Gforce gtx 560 ti Graphic, 1TB hard disk.....

Please anybody help me...

Thanx
Surya

Thanks
Surya
Message 13 of 29
Charles_Shade
in reply to: suryaniit06
Message 14 of 29
pendean
in reply to: suryaniit06

Why are you posting in the wrong forum for the wrong software?

Message 15 of 29
Charles_Shade

Message 16 of 29
pendean

🙂

Message 17 of 29
drjohn

@pendean wrote:

Why are you posting in the wrong forum for the wrong software?

OMG ... scatter ... the forum police!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 29
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

Dang it, I was going for the Hall Monitor title 🙂

Message 19 of 29
hc100

The forum police and hall monitor posts gave me a good laugh this morning.

I installed 2x2gb sticks of ram in my computer Friday. When I gave autocad a try but gives me the low memory message at about the same amount of memory usage as before the memory was installed.

Windows recognized the memory upgrade but as expected only shows 3gb of ram.  I am still uncertain what is causing this message.

Message 20 of 29
pendean

Part 2 of my first reply here:

"... turn on Windows Task Manager and kill all background running applications that are not critical to Windows XP, including all of your added applications..."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost