Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Object or Polar Snap when Entering a Distance on the Keyboard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tstahlnecker
857 Views, 3 Replies

Losing Object or Polar Snap when Entering a Distance on the Keyboard

I am usually copying or moving odjects in AutoCAD LT by slecting the object, start the MOVE or COPY command, pick the base point, move the cursor away from the base point along either a polar snap angle or the vector of an object's side, and type the distance I want to move or copy. When I had v2010, the snap would hold while I typed the distance so that I only had to hit enter after typing the distance. Now, with v2015, the cursor on the screen loses the snap (either to the object or the polar angle) while I type the distance. I now find that I must move the mouse again and reaquire the snap before I can hit enter to get the movment along the vector that I intended.

What has changed between v2010 and v2015 to make this happen and is there a way I can set preferences so that AutoCAD LT v2015 maintains the intended snap while I type in the distance? Wait -- I found it. It's under User Preferences and is called "Priority for Coordinate Data Entry". I set it to "Running object snap" and it seems to behave the way I want.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

We had the same problem in AutoCAD 2014. In the moment we find some unusual solve - change your workspace to AutoCAD classic. Then off all your tabs. After that type in command line "Ribbon". As a result of these moves you have ribbon pannel such as 2d drawing workspace and perfectly working snaps when typing. MB later we are find the reason of these bug/specific work... But as i know in 2015 autocad there isn't classic workspace after install...

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Minenko.Evgeny

OP wrote the fix:
"I found it. It's under User Preferences and is called "Priority for Coordinate Data Entry". I set it to "Running object snap" and it seems to behave the way I want."
Message 4 of 4
Minenko.Evgeny
in reply to: pendean

It doesn't work in 2014 AutoCAD.

i'll show how it works step by step:
1 draw a line (line_1)
2 start drawing line_2. Start point of line_2 must be in line_1
3 then move crosshair near to specific point, where you can see snap maker
4 write distance from keyboard
5 you can see that marker of snaps become disabled and after enter your line_2 will be create exactly to crosshair position (not snap)

It works normal in classic autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost