Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local disc (X:) in Windows 7 after signing in Autodesk 360 from AutoCAD LT 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ValdisPriednieks
4556 Views, 6 Replies

Local disc (X:) in Windows 7 after signing in Autodesk 360 from AutoCAD LT 2013

I have installed AutoCAD LT 2013 yesterday after download from subscription page. When I signed in Autodesk 360 from AutoCAD LT 2013 in my computer local disc X appeared. Local disc X is in same capacity as my system disc - local disc C. This strange disc X disappears only if I sign out from Autodesk 360. When I simply exit from Autocad LT 2013 aplication, local disc X remains in Windows my computer disc list.

Is it normal or it is only on my computer?

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate, sistem disc is on a SSD. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ValdisPriednieks

you answered your own question (signed in vs. signed out).

Message 3 of 7
ValdisPriednieks
in reply to: pendean

Oh, that's normal. But what's the point? What can I do with this drive X?

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ValdisPriednieks
Message 5 of 7

Pendean - that link is dead - can you help me find the original post you were linking to?
Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: JoshNelson

Sorry, no idea what I linked to a year ago.

Start HELP in 2014 and look up Autodesk 360.
Or browse the web for Autodesk 360.
It will explain what 360 is all about.

As long as you are signed into 360, there is a linked drive on your PC to access the 360 cloud drive. If you log out, it's gone.
If you have no use for Autodesk 360, log out.
There are links you can find from any search engine (I like Google) to uninstall 360 if you see no use for it.
Message 7 of 7

I understand all that. I think the X: drive showing up is a bug. I think it should just show up as an "Autodesk 360 (UserName)" drive/location. See my attached screenshot. I think underlying is some sort of "X" drive that they hide because I was having issues with my computer locking up when I selected the X: drive. It froze everything. I rebooted and the "Autodesk 360 (JoshNelson)" drive came back and everything worked normal and the X drive was gone.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost