Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Multiple blocks/symbols into drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chadhearne
3940 Views, 6 Replies

Load Multiple blocks/symbols into drawing

Hi,

I would like to know how to load all of the symbols/blocks that I have created into one file, (my default template file), without having to "insert" each individual one. I would also like to be able to do it so that it doesn't have to reference any other files or shape files. These symbols/blocks need to be inside or part of the default drawing every time I open it.

Thanks,

Chad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: chadhearne

Is it a DWG file? Then INSERT it.
If not, ADCENTER will let you drag and drop as few or as many blocks (and so much more) between files.
Message 3 of 7
chadhearne
in reply to: pendean

Yes, all symbols/blocks are in seperate DWG files. One symbol/block = one DWG file. I am looking to add them all at once, not painstakingly insert each one, one after another. I tried ADCENTER but again I am dragging and dropping each one. It would be better if I could select them all at once and drag and drop them all at once.

Cheers

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Ah, I misunderstood: I thought all your blocks are in one template file.
Are all these single DWG files in one folder?
Message 5 of 7
pendean
Message 6 of 7
chadhearne

Thanks pendean. Exactly what I was after.

Kind Regards,

Chad Hearne | Survey Manager
AdvDip Engineering and Mine Surveying
Xcel Surveying
Mobile: 0405 974 954
Email: chadh@xcelsurveying.com.au
Web: www.xcelsurveying.com.au
[cid:image002.jpg@01CFD81A.E34E42E0][Description: Description: C:\Users\SVS\Documents\Business\Website Details\Update August 2012\QColor.gif]

Disclaimer:

This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Xcel Surveying may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward, or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.
Message 7 of 7
chadhearne
in reply to: pendean

Thanks pendean. It's exactly what I was after.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost